October 7, 2019
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. CommonSpirit ends fiscal year with $582M operating loss, lays out plan for improvement
2. 8 hospitals with strong finances
3. US appeals Mayo Clinic's $11.5M tax refund win
4. On the frontlines of innovation: Executives weigh in on big tech, barriers to innovation and the future of healthcare.
5. 23 recent hospital, health system executive moves
6. Kentucky Hospital Association cancels fundraiser to secure 'access' to governor
7. 9 hospitals planning upgrades, expansions
8. The people on your team are changing. Are you keeping up with the best ways to work with them?
9. 'I'm not sure that this is ethical, moral or right': Newark Beth Israel kept patient alive to improve transplant program's survival rate
10. 8 latest healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements
5 revenue cycle pain points
-- EHRs, patient engagement, clinical integration, managing cost and scale, and revenue rebalancing -- represent opportunities for higher-level strategic change.
12. How free-standing ED closures affect nearby hospitals
13. More than half of health plans use outcomes-based contracts, study finds
Companies to Know
Thank you to our key partners
Prism Healthcare Partners
Transaction & Valuation Issues
Legal & Regulatory
Human Capital and Risk
Health Information Technology
Rankings & Ratings
Quality & Patient Safety
Sales, Marketing & Events:
President and CEO
Becker's Hospital Review
A Becker's Healthcare Publication
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.