14th District (Shakespeare) &
19th District (Town Hall)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens in the 14th and 19th Districts of multiple incidents
where property has been stolen from the victims while they are sitting in a restaurant
or coffee shop. The offender approaches the victims and distracts them by soliciting
for a charity or by showing the victim a piece of paper. While the victim is distracted,
the offender steals the victim's property from the table.
Incident times and locations:
• 2500 block of N. Clark St. on September 4, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
• 2500 block of N. Clark St. on September 25, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
• 2200 block of N Milwaukee Ave. on September 30, 2018 at 11:40 a.m.
• 1900 block of N. Milwaukee Ave. September 30, 2018 at 11:50 a.m.
• 2500 block of N. Clark St. on October 1, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
• 1400 block of N. Milwaukee Ave. on October 3, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
• 1500 block of N. Damen Ave. October 3, 2018 at 1:20 p.m.
• 2500 block of N. Clark St. on October 5, 2018 at 6:20 p.m.
About the Offenders:
The offender is described as an African-American male, 18-25 years of age, 5'08"-6'00" tall and 180lbs.
What you can do:
• Be aware of this crime.
• Do not leave your property on a restaurant table.
• Pay special attention to any suspicious persons in your area.
• Be conscious of suspicious distractions.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s)
including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information, please contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
JB421702, JB450755, JB456821, JB456846, JB458812, JB460901, JB461039 &
JB464012 - Reference: P18-N-250 - Alert# P18-N-250