The LBPD’s Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit select police reports online at your convenience.
What types of reports can be filed online:
- Lost Property: if the theft/attempted theft occurred in a residence or business, in a garage, or in an underground parking structure, it is a BURGLARY or attempted burglary, not a theft, and cannot be filed online.
- Theft or Attempt Theft
- Vandalism: if the vandalism involves multiple vehicles or multiple properties, you cannot file the report online.
- Hit and Run: parked vehicles only.
- Annoying or Harassing Phone Calls: if you believe that you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
If your incident is not included in the above categories, please contact Police Dispatch at (562) 435-6711 to request that a police officer be dispatched to your location.
What types of reports cannot be filed online:
- Violent crimes
- Financial crimes or identity theft
- Hate crimes
- Theft of firearms, passports, medication, or vehicle registration tags
- Theft or attempted theft of property valued over $5,000
- Crimes that occurred outside the City of Long Beach
Photos and/or Video
The online reporting system does not allow for any photo or video evidence to be submitted.
- If you have any evidence that may lead to the possible identification of a suspect, you need to call Police Dispatch at (562) 435-6711 to have an officer respond to take your report.
- If you have photos of property damage or other supporting documentation, please list that in the narrative of your report.
: All personal information shared is secured and encrypted for your protection and will be used for criminal justice purposes only.