In the Fall of 2020, DC West Community School District asked for volunteers to create a Facilities Task Force to accomplish the following goals:
• Identify future goals of what we want for our communities with regard to our facilities
• Clarify facility needs with possible solutions
• Create a survey that may possibly be used with the district general population
• Estimate the cost of solutions and establish a price point for a possible bond issue
• Make a recommendation for a timeline
We had 31 individuals that volunteered for the Task Force which has met several times. The representatives are community members, staff, administration, board members, and parents.
As a part of the meetings, the group identified a proposal for a possible bond issue. The Task Force and Board of Education are beginning to share this proposal with the communities and gather feedback on the proposal in order to prepare for a May or June, 2021 bond election.
We encourage you to follow this link to a website with the bond proposal information. The last page titled "community input" allows you to anonymously share your feedback or questions with the task force and school district.
This 71,000 square foot project pictured below has an estimated budget of $16,641,925 and includes:
37,000 square feet of new construction including a middle school addition and a 500 seat auditorium with fine arts classrooms
34,000 square feet of renovation including classrooms, weight room, locker rooms, wrestling/cardio room, and multi-purpose space
This proposal will NOT increase the tax levy paid to DC West Community Schools.
To read more about this proposal and provide feedback click here!