Thank you for taking the time to complete your essays for the all-star game. They are always so fun to read. Here are some of the highlights:
Why do you play basketball?
- It takes me out of my comfort zone and makes me more open as a person.
What do you love about basketball?
- I realized it's only taken me 2.5 years to get where I'm at in basketball, so I know that the more I try, the better I get. No matter what, trying your best is way better than giving up!
What do you like about being on a team?
- I appreciate my coaches a lot, because they have given me multiple chances since sixth grade. If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't be where I am right now. I'm very thankful for that.
How has basketball helped you?
- Sports has helped me out of trouble and off the streets. It has guided me in positive ways and helps me stay in shape.
How does being in this league affect your day-to-day?
- I look at basketball as something that guides me, something I can use to get away from the bad things in life. The progress reports help me stay focused so I can play.