Dear Washington Unified Families and Staff,
This is a follow up to our previous Oroville Dam Update containing additional helpful information and resources for our families.
We continue to work directly with the West Sacramento Fire and Police Departments. Our District will receive directions on any evacuations and relocations from these two entities.
There are several ways to stay up to date with the quickest and most accurate information regarding emergency events and other important public safety information:
- Sign up for emergency alerts through Yolo-Alert.org – The primary emergency notification system alerting residents about emergency events and other important public safety information.
- Sign up for WUSD news and alerts through Constant Contact– this is the primary method for receiving school district news and alerts.
- Visit our school district website – all district-wide news and alerts are posted to our homepage and communications page.
Please take some comfort in knowing that each school site in our district maintains and updates a comprehensive school safety plan specific to each campus. These plans are created in close collaboration with our school leaders and emergency services personnel covering a variety of emergency scenarios. All evacuations and relocations will be directed from the West Sacramento Fire Department.
In the unique circumstance of an evacuation, it is important for our families to remember that it is the district’s priority to ensure the safety of all our students especially during the reunification process with their families. Please note the following procedures in order to pick up your student in the event of an evacuation:
- You must have a valid photo identification.
- You must be listed on your child’s emergency contact list.
- No student will be released to an adult who is not listed on the student emergency card.
- Your student emergency cards must be updated by contacting your school office.
Thank you once more for your patience and understanding during this time. We will continue to keep you updated with any new developments affecting our schools.
For additional information on general preparedness actions, the City of West Sacramento has created several preparedness brochures and documents that can be found on the West Sacramento Fire Department webpage. More winter weather safety information is available here.