PERFORMANCE TEAM AUDITIONS MAY 13TH!
NOTES FROM KRISTEN!
HI Company Families!
Congratulations to everyone on awesome performances at Spotlight this weekend! I can't wait to see everyone at auditions on Saturday! Thank you to everyone who attended the parent meetings this week! B
e sure to read through all of the information and the audition form very thoroughly before completing the audition form.
All audition forms need to be turned in by tomorrow, even if your dancer can't attend auditions this weekend- I still need your form!
Many of our dancers and singers will be performing at BurgzBop tomorrow-woohoo! Please read the block below for more information about the event and which classes will be canceled due to participation in the event. In case of rain and the event being canceled, all classes at Center Stage will be held as regularly scheduled! (We will send an all company team app to notify everyone if Burgzbop is canceled.)
Important Notes/ Reminders!
- Company Auditions are this Saturday, May 13th- the Audition Form (DUE TOMORROW, MAY 11!) and more information about the audition, times, what to wear, etc... is below!
- BurgzBop is tomorrow, May 11th! More info below!
- Documents for the Company 50/50 Raffle Fundraiser are below!
- Nationals Fees are Due by Thursday, May 18th! No late fees will be accepted! You can fill out the form below for us to charge your competition fees to your account! See below for more information and the form to pay now!(You can also come in & pay at the front desk!)
- Solos: $135 each solo
- Duets and Trios: $70 each dancer
- All Groups: $62 per dancer per group
EXTRA BONUS AT NATIONALS! FREE Convention Classes
in Jazz, Hip-Hop and Contemporary are offered for dancers to sign up to take on July 9-10! Information on these classes is available on the nationals page at
. You must sign up through me, Kristen, and I need to know by May 18th which classes you are interested in taking!
Please be sure you have your hotel arrangements for Nationals. You can stay anywhere you like! Information regarding the host hotel for each one can be found at Vipdance.com!
As always, if you have any questions, please send me an email at email@example.com or give the front desk a call at 660.747.6133!
Kristen, Company Director
COMPANY AUDITIONS- MAY 13
Saturday, May 13th
We are having ONE AUDITION DATE again this year, May 13th, there will not be an additional audition date held in the fall!
- We will will be casting all the Specialty Routines (ones that rehearse on Sundays) at this time, as well as determining placement into Company (& Pre-Company) Jazz and Tap classes.
- In addition to placement into Company Classes, Specialty Routines and Star Performance Teams, we will also be evaluating students to start Pointe Class in the fall AND dancers selected to represent Center Stage at YAGP next season.
- Audition Information specific to each group is available on the studio website under the performing groups tab.
- Audition Forms are due to the front desk by Thursday, May 11th. You can print one out or pick one up at the front desk. Even if you are not able to attend auditions on Saturday, you MUST turn in an audition form!
Acceptance and placement into Company Jazz and Tap Classes will be announced when fall registration comes out (packets distributed in June).
Placement into Specialty Company routines will be announced in July.
Audition Day Information
Please note! The grade level you should audition with is the grade that you WILL BE entering in the Fall of 2017- NOT your current grade level!
Auditions for all performance groups will be done with your age group during the times listed below:
Saturday, May 13*
7th and Up: 5:30-7:00pm
Pre Pro: 7-7:15pm
*At the request of the Company or Ballet Director, some dancers may be asked to stay for the next audition. (i.e. some 6th graders may be asked to stay for the 7th & up audition)
should wear a black leotard with pink tights or a tank top with dance shorts with pink tights, a little make up, and a neat bun! Current Company students should wear company uniforms. Dancers will need to bring all of their dance shoes.
TOMORROW is your chance to see Center Stage's very own BurgzBop kids singing & dancing to today's biggest pop hits! Join us at BurgzBop for an all ages concert starting at 6:00pm with at the City Complex Building Parking Lot!
All CS Families are invited to join us for a fabulous evening of fun and entertainment at the Warrensbug BurzBop event!
- Nine of our CS students will be performing a "KidzBop" style concert complete with live singing and dancing!
- Group Voice 1 & 2 and Teen and Junior Hip Hop will be performing!
- Our very own Belle and Lumiére from our 2016 Summer Production will be available for pictures!
- Poppy the Troll, who has just recently joined our CS Staff and will be helping out with fun summer camps this summer, will also be a part of the excitement on stage and available for pictures throughout the night!
FREE Activities begin at 5:30pm and run until 8:00pm and include (in addition to the Concert): Street Art, Bounce House, Rock Painting for Warrensburg Rocks!, Police Dog Demo, Face Painting, Outdoor Games, Police and Fire Car Presentation- City Complex Building Parking Lot
Lyrical 3, Company Jazz 2, Company Tap 2 and Company Jazz 3 will NOT meet on Thursday due to participation in the event. I can let you know of a make up class if you'd like to attend one!
In case of rain and the event being canceled, all classes at Center Stage will be held as regularly scheduled! (We will send an all company team app to notify everyone if Burgzbop is canceled.)
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT COMPETITION FEES!
Entry fees for
ALL Groups, Solos, Duets, Trios for Nationals ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY charged to your account!
MUST let the front desk know to charge your account or pay via another method by May 18th!
To make this easier on everyone, if you would like the front desk to charge your account for the fees, you can simply click on the button below to submit your payment request!
NATIONALS ENTRY FEES ARE DUE BY 9PM ON
THURSDAY, MAY 18TH! CLICK BELOW TO HAVE US CHARGE YOUR
Just a reminder! In you haven't already done so, please be sure to read the email that was sent out regarding helping backstage during the recital!
You can sign up via the link below to help with your dancers either Friday or Saturday night and enjoy relaxing while watching the performance the other night!
If you have any questions, please email Coreena at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(And thank you all for the many responses we have already received!)
Tentative Break Down for Specialty Routines
Recital Friday Night- June 2
Recital Saturday Night- June 3
Heaven is a Place On Earth
Turn to Stone
Thinkin' Bout You
When the Ship Goes Down
The Big Doll House
Way Ahead of My Time
Zero to Hero
My Heart Will Go On
You'll Be In My Heart
There is always a lot of Company information to share and we want to be sure everyone is kept informed! Here's how we communicate with you!
- Weekly Company Newsletter via email EVERY Wednesday! Watch for it each week!
- We use our Company Team App to send out push notifications as needed! Sign up now for all of your specific groups as well as the ALL COMPANY group! (Instructions Below)
- Email as needed. You can send email to us at: email@example.com or to Kristen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure we have your most used email address on file at the front desk so you don't miss out on important information!
SIGN UP FOR THE CS COMPANY
TEAM APP NOW!
STUDENTS (who have a smart phone) AND PARENTS SHOULD BOTH SIGN UP FOR THE NEW 2016/17 SEASON GROUPS!
Center Stage Company has their own Smartphone App to keep you informed!
To get the full features of the CS Team App you need to:
First: Download Team App onto your smartphone.
Download Team App here:
It's 100% FREE!
Second: Launch Team App.
Then follow these steps:
1. Sign-up to Team App.
You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
2. Log in. Then search for Center Stage Company and request access to the group(s) that apply to you.
For example, everyone should request access to join the All Company group and then all of the group classes/ routines that you/ your dancer are in!
Enable Push Notifications on your phone! (Go to settings to enable them.)
We will use this App to send push notifications to your phone to give everyone immediate need-to-know information- especially during the competition season!
If you don't have a smartphone, reply to this email so you can be added manually and you'll receive email notifications instead of push notifications to your phone.
COMPANY 2016/17 SCHEDULE!
Audition Forms Due
Nationals Fees Due
Center Stage Dance Recitals
VIP Dance Nationals at the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, OH (Required)
349 SE DD Highway
Warrensburg, MO 64093