SAVE THE DATES! MANDATORY COMPANY AUDITION PARENT MEETING!
EITHER MONDAY, MAY 8TH OR TUESDAY MAY 9TH! DETAILS BELOW!
COMPANY AUDITION FORMS DUE MAY 11TH!
NOTES FROM KRISTEN!
Happy Wednesday Company Families!
What an awesome weekend to wrap our regional competition season! Great job to all of our dancers! I can't wait for nationals! Wish our Pre-Professional dancers and all those competing at Spotlight this coming weekend the best of luck!
Important Notes/ Reminders!
- Spotlight Competition Schedules and Information is below! You can also find the schedule on the Company Webpage and Team App!
- Address: Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS
- Company Auditions are May 13th- the Audition Form and more information about the audition, times, what to wear, etc... is below!
- Mandatory Parent Audition Meeting on Monday, May 8th at 6pm or Tuesday, May 9th at 7pm! At least one parent of every dancer auditioning needs to attend this brief, informative meeting!
- Documents for the Company 50/50 Raffle Fundraiser are below!
- Nationals Fees are Due by Thursday, May 18th! No late fees will be accepted! You can fill out the form below for us to charge your competition fees to your account! See below for more information and the form to pay now!(You can also come in & pay at the front desk!)
- Solos: $135 each solo
- Duets and Trios: $70 each dancer
- All Groups: $62 per dancer per group
EXTRA BONUS AT NATIONALS! FREE Convention Classes
in Jazz, Hip-Hop and Contemporary are offered for dancers to sign up to take on July 9-10! Information on these classes is available on the nationals page at
. You must sign up through me, Kristen, and I need to know by May 18th which classes you are interested in taking!
Please be sure you have your hotel arrangements for Nationals. You can stay anywhere you like! Information regarding the host hotel for each one can be found at Vipdance.com!
As always, if you have any questions, please send me an email at email@example.com or give the front desk a call at 660.747.6133!
Kristen, Company Director
PARTICIPANT & SPECTATOR GUIDELINES
ATTENTION DANCE TEACHERS: Please Distribute To All Competition Participants And Spectators!
- Recording and transmitting devices of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Enter and exit theater between routines only and please stay seated during performances.
- Food and beverage are not permitted in the theater.
- No smoking permitted.
- All dancers are required to wear a cover up while in the theater and public areas of the facility.
- Good sportsmanship is expected from all participants, teachers, and spectators at all times.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in disqualification.
- Your applause and cheering is welcome and encouraged. However, screaming will not be permitted.
- Please show all dancers your support and respect!
- Spectator admission is free of charge.
- The doors to the venue will open 30-45 minutes prior to the start of the competition as indicated on the schedule--no exceptions.
- Performance music to be turned in at Teacher Check-In, 5 routines prior to performance time, or in the evening preceding subsequent competition days. Please have back-up music available.
- Competition may run up to one hour ahead of the posted schedule-please be prepared for this possibility.
- The Dance Down will be held just prior to Overall Group Awards Ceremony, as indicated by the event schedule. Tickets may be purchased for $15.00 at the Spotlight Boutique.
- Studio Directors or their authorized agents ONLY may pick up the studio bag containing music, cash awards, and gift certificates at the end of the competition, or after the awards ceremony upon completion of ALL the studio's routines.
- Photogenic contestant's pictures must be picked up from the Spotlight Boutique. Spotlight Dance Cup is not responsible for the return of any unclaimed photos or for any photo that is lost, misplaced, or stolen. Winning photos will be retained by Spotlight Dance Cup.
- Solicitation or advertising of any kind is prohibited.
- Please secure personal property, as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
BACKSTAGE GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- Teachers and performers ONLY are allowed backstage during their routine or when directed by the Stage Manager. ALL parents and students not performing in the current division are to watch from the audience. Same gender parents and teachers ONLY allowed in dressing rooms.
- One studio representative is required to check in with the Stage Manager at least three routines prior to the performance. Failure to do so may result in the number being skipped and/or penalized.
- Competitors must notify the Stage Manager at the time of check in if they have any props or require the use of a microphone.
- Food and beverage are not permitted backstage or in the dressing rooms.
- Rehearse and warm-up in the dressing areas or backstage only, not in any public areas.
- All performers must clean up after themselves on stage and in the dressing rooms.
Here are some important competition notes/reminders!
1). Quadruple check your costumes! Once you are at the competition it's too late to
go back and get anything you've forgotten!
2). Pack the necessary items: make-up, hair gel and hairspray, wet wipes, bobby pins,
safety pins, q-tips and cotton balls, super glue or hot glue if you have it, tights, dance shoes, hairpiece, and
anything else you think you MIGHT need.
3). Arrive at the venue with plenty of time to find the group.
Double check the list for when you need to be there!!! Remember, your dancer MUST be in the dressing room 2 hours before their scheduled time.
4). Parents and families wear CS gear or colors if you have it to show your spirit!! Plus, it help us find you in the crowd! :-)
5). If you need anything call or text me at:
6). Sign up for the CS Company Team App if you haven't already! Parents AND Dancers should sign up (if you have a device)!!! We will be using it to keep everyone informed of last minute information!
7). Remember, NO PHOTO OR VIDEO may be taken inside the competition.
Violating this policy could result in our
disqualification so please take this very seriously.
8). Please be respectful at the competition! We don't want to be known as the studio who complains or has a bad attitude!
inspire, be positive
It has been awesome getting emails from complete strangers past years about how considerate and friendly our dancers and parents are!
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT COMPETITION FEES!
Entry fees for
ALL Groups, Solos, Duets, Trios for Nationals ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY charged to your account!
MUST let the front desk know to charge your account or pay via another method by May 18th!
To make this easier on everyone, if you would like the front desk to charge your account for the fees, you can simply click on the button below to submit your payment request!
NATIONALS ENTRY FEES ARE DUE BY 9PM ON
THURSDAY, MAY 18TH! CLICK BELOW TO HAVE US CHARGE YOUR
COMPANY AUDITIONS- MAY 13
Saturday, May 13th
We are having ONE AUDITION DATE again this year, May 13th, there will not be an additional audition date held in the fall!
- We will will be casting all the Specialty Routines (ones that rehearse on Sundays) at this time, as well as determining placement into Company (& Pre-Company) Jazz and Tap classes.
- In addition to placement into Company Classes, Specialty Routines and Star Performance Teams, we will also be evaluating students to start Pointe Class in the fall AND dancers selected to represent Center Stage at YAGP next season.
- Audition Information specific to each group will be available on the studio website either later tonight, or on Thursday, May 4th!
- Audition Forms are due to the front desk by Thursday, May 11th. You can print one out or pick one up at the front desk.
Acceptance and placement into Company Jazz and Tap Classes will be announced when fall registration comes out (packets distributed in June).
Placement into Specialty Company routines will be announced in July.
Audition Day Information
Please note! The grade level you should audition with is the grade that you WILL BE entering in the Fall of 2017- NOT your current grade level!
Auditions for all performance groups will be done with your age group during the times listed below:
Saturday, May 13*
7th and Up: 5:30-7:00pm
Pre Pro: 7-7:15pm
*At the request of the directors, some dancers may be asked to stay for the next audition. (i.e. some 6th graders may be asked to stay for the 7th & up audition)
should wear a black leotard with pink tights or a tank top with dance shorts with pink tights, a little make up, and a neat bun! Current Company students should wear company uniforms. Dancers will need to bring all of their dance shoes.
Attention Pre-Company and Company 1 families! Please be sure to read the email that was sent out last week regarding helping backstage during the recital!
You can sign up via the link below to help with your dancers either Friday or Saturday night and enjoy relaxing while watching the performance the other night!
If you have any questions, please email Coreena at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(And thank you all for the many responses we have already received!)
Tentative Break Down for Specialty Routines
Recital Friday Night- June 2
Recital Saturday Night- June 3
Heaven is a Place On Earth
Turn to Stone
Thinkin' Bout You
When the Ship Goes Down
The Big Doll House
Way Ahead of My Time
Zero to Hero
My Heart Will Go On
You'll Be In My Heart
There is always a lot of Company information to share and we want to be sure everyone is kept informed! Here's how we communicate with you!
- Weekly Company Newsletter via email EVERY Wednesday! Watch for it each week!
- We use our Company Team App to send out push notifications as needed! Sign up now for all of your specific groups as well as the ALL COMPANY group! (Instructions Below)
- Email as needed. You can send email to us at: email@example.com or to Kristen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure we have your most used email address on file at the front desk so you don't miss out on important information!
SIGN UP FOR THE CS COMPANY
TEAM APP NOW!
STUDENTS (who have a smart phone) AND PARENTS SHOULD BOTH SIGN UP FOR THE NEW 2016/17 SEASON GROUPS!
Center Stage Company has their own Smartphone App to keep you informed!
To get the full features of the CS Team App you need to:
First: Download Team App onto your smartphone.
Download Team App here:
It's 100% FREE!
Second: Launch Team App.
Then follow these steps:
1. Sign-up to Team App.
You'll be sent an email to confirm your registration.
2. Log in. Then search for Center Stage Company and request access to the group(s) that apply to you.
For example, everyone should request access to join the All Company group and then all of the group classes/ routines that you/ your dancer are in!
Enable Push Notifications on your phone! (Go to settings to enable them.)
We will use this App to send push notifications to your phone to give everyone immediate need-to-know information- especially during the competition season!
If you don't have a smartphone, reply to this email so you can be added manually and you'll receive email notifications instead of push notifications to your phone.
COMPANY 2016/17 SCHEDULE!
Spotlight Dance Competition (Liberty, MO- Required for Pre-Pro)
Center Stage Dance Recitals
VIP Dance Nationals at the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, OH (Required)
349 SE DD Highway
Warrensburg, MO 64093