This is the final session of Compassion Camp, an At-Home/Virtual Vacation Bible School program from Illustrated Ministry. This program is designed to help families explore what it means to have compassion for others, ourselves, and the world.
Each family should have received a package containing a Family Pack of short readings and reflections along with simple activities using basic materials found in your home as well as some we provided. If you did not receive a packet or need additional materials, please email
Mary Beth Tipton
. We are limited by copyright restrictions to what we may share online but we may email some files directly to families for personal use only.
Compassion Camp is designed to be used at your convenience. The intro letter explains the components of Compassion Camp and offers ways to use the materials. It is intended to be flexible, adaptable, and fun for the entire family. Each session includes:
- Gathering & Music - There are five original songs that go along with each session's theme. Music is available via YouTube and SoundCloud links provided in the intro letter. Additionally, there is a curated Compassion Camp Playlist on Spotify and that link also is listed in the intro letter.
- Bible Story - Each session includes a child-friendly paraphrase of a Bible story with discussion questions. For Session 5, With the World, the Bible story is from Leviticus 25.
- Create & Play - A fun mix of crafts and games to practice compassion skill is included in each session.
- Compassion in Action - These activities are part of each session and help your family think creatively about sharing compassion and love.
- Sending & Music - Each session ends with a short reading and song.
We hope that your family enjoyed this unique way to focus on compassion and connect with our faith.