CPS Summer Work for New and Returning Students
To help maintain your skills and to help prepare you for the academic challenges of the 2020-2021 school year, some classes require coursework to take place over the summer months. Areas of study include most Math, English/Language Arts, World Language, and several Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
From the Director of Technology
Dear CPS Families,
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we truly value the safety, health, and needs of our students. In accordance with the recommended CDC health guidelines for schools, Concordia Preparatory School has decided to eliminate the sharing of technology devices on its campus for the 2020-2021 school year. We strongly encourage students to bring a personal device to school on a daily basis. Students may use personal devices with teacher permission and for educational purposes only during the school day. All students will be required to register their devices with the technology department prior to the start of the school year. You will receive more information about personal device registration later in the summer.
Personal Device Technical Requirements:
- The device must be a laptop or a tablet with a 7” or larger screen size.
- The device must use a supported operating system that is actively updated by the manufacturer, i.e. Microsoft Windows 10 or Apple iOS 13.
- The device must have a modern, fully-featured web browser; such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. **The device must be able to specifically run the Google Chrome web browser.
- The device must have fully functional, active anti-virus/anti-malware software (most modern computers have built-in software tools). **Tablets; such as iPads or Chromebooks are excluded from this requirement.
- The device must have a functioning built-in camera.
- A full-sized keyboard is strongly recommended.
We also recommend the student carries the device in a protective case, sleeve, or laptop bag. The school’s Technology Department is not authorized to repair a student’s personal computer.
The CPS technology department recommends the following devices:
- Windows 10 laptop
- Apple MacBook
- Microsoft Surface
- Google Chromebook
- Apple iPad (excluding the mini version)
Students without a Personal Device
CPS will have school-owned Chromebooks available for students who are unable to bring a personal device to school. We will provide a protective case with the school Chromebook. Students can take the device home on a regular basis. Students who use school-owned devices will be fully responsible for the device throughout the duration of the school year, including accidental damage. Accidental damages will incur a $200.00 repair fee per incident. The student and parent will be required to sign a device agreement form prior to the distribution of the device. The student must return the Chromebook at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
If your child cannot bring a personal device to school for the 2020-2021 school year, please complete the following Google Form as soon as possible to request a school-owned Chromebook:
Please contact Mrs. Amanda Trapani, Director of Technology, if you have any questions or concerns about the new recommended BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) student policy at
Attention New Students
The Admissions Team has put together a New Student Checklist to help families prepare for the 2020-2021 school year.
Math Placement Test Dates and Instructions:
CPS will be hosting our Math Placement Test virtually this summer for all new students. We will be hosting four times for students to take the test online. The dates and test times are as follows:
- Thursday, July 2nd @ 9 am
- Thursday, July 2nd @ 2 pm-4 pm
- Tuesday, July 7th @ 9 am-11 am
- Wednesday, July 8th @ 2 pm-4 pm
Dates for English and Spanish TBA.
From the School Nurse
Parents remember if your child takes medication at school, to have their physician complete the
Medication Administration form
for next school year. Also, if you want your child to be able to receive over the counter medications, please complete the
Over the Counter Medication form
and have their physician sign it as well. These forms are available on the website under Parents, Middle School or Upper School and then Forms and Publications or use these links. The forms are also posted on a Resource Board via OnCampus.
Your student needs a new sports physical every year so please plan on getting that done over the summer so your student will be cleared to participate in PE and sports. The
7th grade parents:
The nurse will be notifying you If your child is entering 7 th grade and they have not yet received their Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and Meningitis vaccines. Please also see the attached information from Maryland Department of Health.
Information from the MD Department of Health
Athletic Department News
You must have a current physical on file with our School Nurse Mrs. Ellen Marquardt in order to try out for a fall sport.
If you have questions about a particular sport, you may email the coach directly. Below is a list of our Head Coaches for each Upper School sports team at Concordia Prep School.
- Girls’ Volleyball: Coach Kara Baney, email@example.com
- Boys’ Soccer: Coach Adauto Neto, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girl’s Soccer: Coach Megan Christian, email@example.com
- Cross Country: Coach Cammie White, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football: Coach Joseph Battaglia, email@example.com
- Cheerleading: Coach Tiffany Howell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls’ Basketball: Coach John Cooney, email@example.com
- Boys’ Basketball: Coach Bryan Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling: coming soon
- Track and Field: Coach Cammie White, email@example.com
- Girls’ Softball: Coach Leslie Calheira, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls’ Lacrosse: Coach Carlyn Stefanelli, email@example.com
- Boys’ Baseball: Coach Michael Murtha, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys’ Lacrosse: Coach Stephen Berger, email@example.com
Reminder: All students are expected to be in uniform on the first day of school, Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
2020-21 School Year
Friday, July 3:
School offices are closed for the Fourth of July holiday.
Saturday, July 18:
Class of 2020 Baccalaureate and Graduation at 9:00 am at Concordia Prep.
Fall Sports Tryouts:
Football - Monday August 10, 2020
Other MIAA Fall Sports (Boys' Teams):
Wednesday August 12, 2020
IAAM Fall Sports (Girl's' Teams):
Monday, August 17, 2020
New Student Orientation:
Monday, August 24
First Day of Classes:
Wednesday, August 26
Middle School Sports Tryouts
: Tuesday, September 1, 2020