School is closed for students next
Monday, January 14 for a teacher professional development day. School will be open on Tuesday, January 15--a calendar published last summer indicated this would be a day off--
school will be held next Tuesday. School is closed on
Monday, January 21 for the Martin Luther King holiday.
Welcome Mr. Stephen Berger
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Stephen Berger to Concordia Prep’s faculty and coaching staff. Mr. Berger will be teaching middle school physical education, personal finance, and technology classes, assisting in the Office of Admissions, and serving as the Head Boys’ Lacrosse Coach. Mr. Berger holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington College. He was the Head Boys’ Lacrosse Coach at Mt. St. Joseph High School from 2014-2018. Prior to that, he played professional lacrosse for over 10 years in the MLL. He has coached lacrosse at the college, high school, and middle school level. Most recently, he worked in sales and marketing and will use his experience to assist with the school’s admissions and marketing efforts.
Mr. Berger lives in Rodgers Forge with his wife Nila and daughters Maia and Aria and lab Bella. He begins on Tuesday, January 15. He can be reached at
Mr. Anthony Rinaudo is leaving Concordia Prep to pursue a coaching position at the college level. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for all his hard work over the past few years.
Congratulations to senior
on his selection to the Baltimore Sun's 2018 All-Metro second-team for varsity boys' soccer.
- Wednesday, January 9: MS Boys’ Basketball at Boys’ Latin at (B) 3:30 pm and (A) at 4:30 pm, MS Girls’ Basketball at home vs. Trinity Lutheran at 3:45 pm.
- Thursday, January 10: MS Girls’ Basketball at home vs Glenelg Country School at (B) 3:45 pm and (A) at 4:45 pm, Varsity Girls’ Basketball at Beth Tflioh at 6 pm. Football Banquet at 6 pm in the cafeteria.
- Friday, January 11: MS Boys’ Basketball at Gilman (B) at 3:30 pm and (A) at 4:30 pm, JV Boys’ Basketball at home vs. St. Paul’s School at 4 pm, and Varsity Boys’ Basketball at home vs. Cristo Rey at 6 pm.
- Monday, January 14: JV Boys' Basketball at Hammond High School at 4 pm, Varsity Boys' Basketball at Hammond High School at 5:30 pm, and Varsity Girls' Basketball at home vs. Hammond at 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday, January 15: MS Girls (B) at home vs. Chapelgate at 3:30 pm, MS Boys' at McDonogh (A) at 3:45 pm and (B) at 4:45 pm, Varsity Boys' Basketball at home vs. Park at 6 pm.
Enrollment for the 2019 - 2020 School Year
Re-enrollment contracts and financial information for the 2019-2020 academic year will be mailed on
Monday, January 14, 2019.
Please look for this packet in your mailbox over the next week. If you have any questions, please call Mr. Tucker or Mrs. Baker in the CPS Admissions office.
Important items to keep in mind:
- Re-enrollment contracts and deposits are due on February 14, 2019
- There is no need to reapply to the school
Bid for Kids Auction: Saturday, March 2, 2019
Please join us for the annual Bids for Kids dinner and auction that will be held on
Saturday, March 2, 2019,
at the beautiful Hunt Valley Country Club. This year’s theme is
Night on Broadway
. Thank you to junior
for creating the artwork for this year's event.
Our auction is the biggest fundraiser for our school and we want it to be a huge success. The funds raised from the auction provides support for programs and activities beyond the scope of the operating budget, as well as the Annual Fund, Scholarship Fund, and "Renew and Rejoice" campaign. Online ticket sales will be available soon.
We need your help and support.
Please contact Mrs. Gloria Murphy at
for more information. The next meeting is
Thursday, January 17 at 6:30 pm
in the Bridges Media Center
Please contact Gloria if you plan to attend.
Please consider donating an item or procuring one from a local business, home-based business, from friends, or from family members. Only new and/or antique items are desirable. Sponsorships and catalog advertisement placements are also available. Download donation and sponsorship forms here:
Donation ideas from past auctions:
- Tickets: concerts, theater, airline, sporting events
- Trips: hotel accommodations, ski or beach house
- Personal Talent: cook gardener, painted furniture or projects
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards: restaurants, florists, movie, golf outings, spa or salons, music events
Polar Bear Plunge
Concordia Prep will be sending a group of students to participate in the Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics on
Thursday, January 24.
We will be raising money to plunge into the cold waters of the Chesapeake Bay! All money raised will help benefit athletic practices and competitions for people with intellectual disabilities. Our group has a goal of raising of $1,000. Please help us reach our goal by donating at
Class of 2019 Announcements
Senior Class of 2019:
The Balfour representative will be on campus
Wednesday, January 23
(Chapel Day), from 11:10-11:40 (first lunch) to take your orders for graduation announcements and accessories. Seniors, you will receive your Balfour graduation packet on
Friday, January 11,
during class and club meetings. Seniors, make sure that you take your Balfour packet home to share with your parents over the three-day weekend.
After Prom Meeting
The next After Prom Meeting will be held on
Thursday, January 24 at 6:30 pm
in the Media Center. Senior parents if you would like to help with the After Prom, please attend the meeting. If you are not available, email me to let me know that you would like to help.- Martha Bainbridge
News from the PTL
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) has just started a Remind account to help us keep parents informed about PTL meetings, events and opportunities to help. It’s super easy to use! To receive PTL reminders,
Text @ cpsptl to the number 81010
You will receive a few text messages each month! It’s the easiest way to stay connected. Sign up today!
Concordia Prep’s College Evening for Parents—What to Expect Before, During, and After the College Admissions Process—is
Monday, January 28 at 6:30 pm.
in the Media Center (Snow date is January 30). Our experts for the evening are from Towson University and Goucher College and will be covering the following topics:
Overview of the college admissions process:
- What happens to an application when it is received by the college/university--soup to nuts?
- Profile of each school's freshman class of 2018.
- How should students prepare now to be competitive applicants at Goucher and/or Towson, as well as other public and private institutions?
The college experience on campus from a mental health/student services perspective:
- How can students prepare for independence?
- What's normal?
- Where to go for help?
All parents are encouraged to attend, especially those of upper school students. Please contact Director of Guidance Mrs. Kim Grill at
2018-19 School Year
Friday, January 11:
End of Second Quarter
Monday, January 14:
School Closed: Faculty Professional Development
Thursday, January 17:
Bid For Kids Meeting at 6:30 pm.
Friday, January 18:
Report Cards Issued
Monday, January 21:
School Closed-Martin Luther King Holiday
Thursday, January 24:
After Prom Meeting at 6:30 pm.
Saturday, January 26:
Alumni Bull Roast at Rosedale Gardens, 7 to 11 pm,
Monday, January 28:
College Night at 6:30 pm (snow date is Wednesday, January 30)
Monday, February 4:
PTL Meeting at 6:30 pm.
Thursday, February 14:
Friday, February 15:
School Closed, Presidents' Day Break
Monday, February 18:
School Closed, Presidents' Day
Saturday, March 2:
Night on Broadway
-Bid for Kids Dinner and Auction. Details to follow.
Order lunches from Terri’s Cafe here:
Coca Cola Give Program
Giant A+ School Rewards
and sign into your account. You can register to support Concordia Prep