Blessing of the Rings Chapel
A very special chapel was held this morning to bless the rings and the junior class. The Blessing of the Rings chapel bestows blessings upon the junior class as they receive their class rings and prepare to become the leaders of the school. Headmaster Brent Johnson shared his remarks and then the entire junior class received a blessing.
parents, faculty and staff shared a final blessing with the juniors.
12th Annual Poetry Out Loud Contest
Yesterday, Concordia Prep held the 12th Annual Poetry Out Loud contest organized by English Department Chairperson Mr. Gary Doede.
Qiping Horizon Feng, Colin Siefert, Samantha Lassahn, Alexis Jones, Joe Foster-Williams, Brennen Peroutka, Katie Doyle, Randy Smith,
competed. Mr. Qiping Horizon Feng recited "Water Melody" by Su Shi in Chinese and provided a synopsis in English. Matthew Richardson came in third place, Brennan Peroutka came in second place and Randy Smith came in first place. Randy moves on to the regional competition, which will be held in January or February (date to still be determined).
Semester One Exams
Semester One Exams will be from Dec. 17th-20th. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, Dec. 17: 8:30 am - English, 10:30 am - Religion
- Wednesday, Dec. 18: 8:30 am - Math, 10:30 am - Foreign Language 1
- Thursday, Dec. 19: 8:30 am - Science, 10:30 am - Foreign Language 2-5
- Friday, Dec. 20: 8:30 am - Social Studies, 10:30 am - Make-Ups and Conflicts
Each day you will go to advisory before your 8:30 exam and then report to the cafeteria for the break between the first and second exam.
If you have multiple exams at the same time, you need to discuss with your teachers and Mrs. Welinsky so these can be re-scheduled.
Complete exam instructions can be found here:
No EDP December 17-20
EDP will not be held on December 17 - 20, 2019. Please make sure that your middle school student is picked up from school by 12:30 pm. Thanks
PTL Meeting, Tuesday, December 10
The next PTL meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 10 at 6:30 pm in the Media Center.
From the School Nurse
Important reminders for cold/flu season from the nurse- It's not too late to get your flu shot as flu cases in Maryland increase. It takes two weeks after the shot to develop immunity so get it now! Also the nurse cannot give a student cough drops, throat lozenges or other over the counter medication without the
Over the Counter Medication form
being on file for the student. The form is completed by the parent and signed by the doctor. Here is a link for the form:
Over the Counter Medication Form.
It is also on the Concordia Prep website.
has been named a 2019 High School All-American for soccer. He will play in the 2019 High School All-American Game this Saturday, December 7 in Orlando, FL. You may watch the game live via this link:
Varsity football seniors
Jonathan Davis and
Matt Barrera have been selected to play in the All-Star game on December 14 by the Baltimore Touchdown Club.
- Wednesday, December 4: Varsity Girls’ Basketball at Chapelgate at 3:30 pm.
- Thursday, December 5: Boys’ Basketball at home vs Mount Hebron, JV at 4 pm, Varsity at 5:30 pm, MS Boys’ Basketball at Gerstell (A) at 3:30 pm, (B) at 4:30 pm, MS Girls Basketball at Gerstell (A) at 3:30 pm (B) at 4:30 pm.
- Friday, December 6: Girls’ Basketball at Mercy JV at 5 pm, Varsity at 7 pm, Boys’ Basketball at home vs Southern MD Christian, JV at 5 pm, Varsity at 6:30 pm.
- Monday, December 9: Boys' Basketball at home vs. Indian Creek, JV at 4 pm and Varsity at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 10: MS Boys Basketball at Severn, (A) at 4 pm, (B) at 5 pm, (C) at Beth Tflioh at 5 pm, Varsity Girls' Basketball at home vs. Indian Creek at 5:15 pm.
2019 Chili Cook-Off and Winter Concert on Thursday, December 12
- Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Benefitting the Concordia Prep Fine Arts Department
- Doors open at 5:00 pm in the cafeteria
- Upper and Middle School Christmas Concert and Fine Arts Show begins at 7:00 pm in the gym
- Cost is $10 per person at the door: Includes tasting of each contestant's chili, a bowl of chili, and a drink.
- Dessert: The Music Department will hold its annual cookie walk in the Music Room during the Chili Cook-Off. You may purchase a small tin for $5, medium tin for $10, and large tin for $15.
All attendees will vote for the best chili. Contestants will be awarded prizes for first, second, and third place. The awards will be announced during the concert.
We are also in need of individuals and teams who wish to share their favorite chili recipe and compete for prizes. To join the competition, please contact Mrs. Joy Johnson at
Monday, December 9.
You must bring chili, serving utensils, and any sides or toppings. All contestants are asked to stay until the concert begins. The school will provide setup, paper goods, utensils, and drinks.
Junior Achievement is Selling Water Bottles
Prep Products Inc., A Junior Achievement Company is selling clear Concordia Prep water bottles. Water bottles cost $15 each. For questions or to purchase, please contact Jacob Ehm at
! We accept cash or checks. Please make checks payable to Junior Achievement. Thank you!
Inclement Weather Reminder
Now that the weather has changed, this is a reminder that Concordia Prep follows Baltimore County Public Schools regarding closings and delays. The school will send out an email if there is a change in the school's status and post the information on the school website, OnCampus and social media. Please listen for updates from local news outlets.
News from the PTL
Once signed up there are two options in which they may scan their clip-less box tops receipts electronically or send in the original clip-it box tops on clip-it form to school PTL mailbox labeled Box Tops.
2019-20 School Year
Saturday, December 7:
Junior Ring Dance from 7 - 10 pm.
Tuesday December 10:
PTL Meeting at 6:30 pm in the Media Center
Wednesday, December 11:
Prospective Family Forum, 6:30 - 8:00 pm for Middle School Families.
Thursday, December 12:
Chili Cook-Off to benefit the Fine Arts Department at 5 pm, Upper and Middle School Christmas Fine Arts Festival at 7 pm.
Monday, December 16:
Christmas Chapel at 8:05 am
Tuesday, December 17 - Friday, December 20:
Mid-Term Exams, Noon Dismissal
Monday, December 23 to Friday, January 3:
School Closed for Christmas Break
Monday, January 6:
Order lunches from Terri’s Cafe here:
Coca Cola Give Program