- Friday, February 14 and Monday, February 17: School and school offices are closed on Friday, February 14 and Monday, February 17 for the President's Day Weekend break.
- Friday, March 6: Noon dismissal for students. Parent-teacher conferences in the afternoon. (The sign up will be available the week of February 24).
- Wednesday, March 11: Noon dismissal for students. No EDP.
Pastor Couser Installation Ceremony
All parents and guardians are invited to join us for the installation ceremony for Pastor Peter Couser on
Wednesday, March 11 at 11 am in the school gymnasium. Students will be dismissed at 12 noon. Buses will depart at 12:30 and there is no EDP that afternoon.
Senior Anastasia Godat Signs Her Letter of Intent
signed her Letter of Intent last Wednesday to play field hockey at
Washington & Jefferson College
next year. Anatasia is a member of the Varsity Girls' Soccer and Lacrosse teams and a Varsity Cheerleader. She has also been a member of the Hymax Field Hockey Club. She is pictured here with her parents.
Re-Enrollment for the 2020 - 2021 School Year
please pay special attention to the detailed instructions and deadlines included in the packet of information that was mailed home in January.
Because of the President's Day holiday break, the deadline for re-enrollment is Tuesday, February 18 at 3 pm.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team should you have any questions.
If your family does not intend to return to CPS next year, please inform the Admissions Office as soon as possible. It is critical to our efforts as we move into the final stages of the recruitment process for the 2020-2021 school year.
Contact the Admissions Team:
Mr. Stephen Berger, Director of Admissions,
410-825-2323, ext. 240,
and Ms. Carlyn Stefanelli, Admissions Assistant,
410-825-2323, ext. 229
PTL Spirit Night: Wednesday, February 12
PTL is hosting a Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, February 12 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm at the Chick-fil-A on Joppa Road: 2008 E. Joppa Road, Parkville, MD 21234. Either bring the
or mention Concordia's Spirit Night when ordering. The PTL will earn 20% of purchases PLUS an extra $1 for every cookie purchased. Thank you in advance for supporting the PTL!
- Wednesday, February 12: MS Boys A team at home vs Trinity at 4 pm.
- Thursday, February 13: Varsity Girls vs. Oldfields at home at 4:30 pm in the IAAM semifinals.
- Friday, February 14: Varsity Boys at Sts. Peter and Paul at 6 pm, JV Boys at Cristo Rey at 4:30 pm.
- Sunday, February 16: Varsity Girls IAAM Championships, TBA.
Upper School Spring Practices and Parent Meetings
Upper School spring tryouts begin on Tuesday, February 18.
- Girls’ Lacrosse will practice from 3:30 to 5:30 pm beginning Tuesday, February 18 through Friday, February 21. The parent meeting will be on Thursday, February 20 at 6:00 pm.
- Boys’ Lacrosse will practice from 3:30 pm to 5:45 pm beginning on Tuesday, February 18 to Friday, February 21 on the turf field.
- Upper School track will practice Tuesday, February 18 from 4:30 to 6:00 pm, and Wednesday through Friday from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. The parent meeting will be on Wednesday, February 19 at 6:00 pm.
- Starting next Tuesday, February 18th, Varsity baseball will practice from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Mondays through Fridays.
The Junior class is sponsoring a winter formal at CPS on Saturday, February 29, from 7:00 to 10:00 pm in the Gym. Tickets are $10 and the dance is open to all Upper School students. Tickets will be sold during lunch periods. If students are bringing a date from another school, a guest pass must be turned in by Tuesday, February 25. Students can get these forms from Mrs. Welinsky.
SAT/ACT Prep Class
It is strongly recommended that students take the SAT and/or ACT in the spring of the junior year. Concordia Prep is offering a practice SAT/ACT on Saturday, February 29, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 pm. See attached registration materials for details.
Deadline for the two-step registration is February 21, 2020.
This is a firm deadline. This opportunity is for Concordia Prep sophomores and juniors only.
Practice SAT/ACT Registration
Trivia Night: Thursday, February 13
All alumni, relatives, and friends of BLS/CPS are invited to a Trivia Night on
Thursday, February 13
in the CPS Cafeteria. Pizza and social time will begin at 6:30 pm. The cost is $5
the donation of three canned goods that will be donated to the Lutheran Mission Society. Pizza, water, and soda will be served. Please create teams of three to five people. The top three teams will win gift cards to a local restaurant. Trivia begins at 7:00 pm and the evening will end at 8:30 pm. Please contact Mr. Barth with questions:
Searching for and Applying to Schools That Fit Academically, Athletically, and Financially
Concordia Prep’s College Evening for Parents—students are welcomed, too!—is
Tuesday, February 18 at 6:30 p.m.
in the Media Center (
snow date TBA).
Our experts for the evening are from the University of Maryland Baltimore County, McDaniel College, and the Maryland Higher Education Commission Office of Student Financial Assistance will be covering the following topics:
Overview of the college admissions process
- What happens to an application when it is received by the college/university--soup to nuts?
- Profile of each school's freshman class of 2019 and 2020
- How should students prepare now to be competitive applicants at McDaniel and/or UMBC, as well as other public and private institutions?
Overview of student financial aid for higher education
- What is financial aid?
- What kinds of financial aid are available?
- Who gives financial aid?
- How to apply for financial aid?
Who are our experts for the evening?
- Lori Smith-Watson – Assistant Director, Admissions and Orientation, UMBC
- Stephanie Stahler – Senior Associate Director of Admissions, McDaniel College
- Donna Thomas – Director, Office of Student Financial Assistance
All parents are encouraged to attend, especially those of upper school students. Students are welcomed, too. Please contact Mrs. Grill with questions:
News from the PTL
Pastries with Parents: Friday, March 6
Concordia Prep’s PTL is hosting Pastries with Parents to help students thank their parents for all of their love and support. Please consider attending Pastries with Parents with your child.
This event will be held at 7:30am on Friday, March 6th.
All parents and students are invited but attendees are asked to RSVP using the link below so that we can plan to have enough pastries and juice.
Our PTL meeting was held yesterday. To see what you missed and how you can help, check out the meeting minutes.
February 11, Minutes
Sign up for PTL text reminders. Text @cpsptl to the number 81010 to receive a few text messages per month about upcoming events.
An easy way to help out the PTL is Box Tops For Education. Download the Box Tops app, sign up and enter Concordia Prep School. Scan all of your grocery recipes into the app. That's it! If you have any paper box tops, send those in an envelope marked PTL to the school office. Thanks for helping!
Adidas Sports Apparel Online Store Open
Until February 17
The online store to purchase Concordia Prep Adidas sports apparel is open until
Monday, February 17.
Items will be shipped directly to your home—estimated to be around March 6, 2020.
Bid for Kids Auction: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Please join us for the annual Bid for Kids Dinner and Auction that will be held on
Saturday, March 7, 2020,
at the beautiful Hillendale Country Club. This year’s theme is
Our auction is the biggest fundraiser for our school and we want it to be a huge success. The funds raised from the auction provide support for programs and activities beyond the scope of the operating budget, as well as the Annual Fund, Scholarship Fund, and “Renew and Rejoice” gymnasium locker room campaign.
We need your help and support.
Please consider donating an item or procuring one from a local business, home-based business, from friends, or from family members. Only new and/or antique items are desirable. Sponsorships and catalog advertisement placements are also available. Download donation and sponsorship forms here:
Donation ideas from past auctions:
- Tickets: concerts, theater, airline, sporting events
- Trips: hotel accommodations, ski or beach house
- Personal Talent: cook gardener, painted furniture or projects
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards: restaurants, florists, movie, golf outings, spa or salons, music events.
All parents and guardians please use the discount codes below to receive a discount off the cost of tickets. Tickets are $100 per person, $85 with discount, and $900 for tables of 10, $850 with discount.
- Individual Discount Code: Parents2020
- Table Discount Code: Parents2020-table
Inclement Weather Reminder
Concordia Prep follows Baltimore County Public Schools regarding closings and delays. The school will send out an email if there is a change in the school's status and post the information on the school website, OnCampus and social media. Please listen for updates from local news outlets.
2019-20 School Year
Friday, February 14:
School Closed for President's Day weekend
Monday, February 17:
School Closed for President's Day
Tuesday, February 18:
College Night at 6:30 pm in the Media Center.
Tuesday, February 25:
Saints Athletic Boosters Club Meeting at 7 pm.
Friday, March 6:
Noon dismissal for students, Parent-Teacher conferences in the afternoon.
Saturday, March 7:
Bid for Kids "Saints Gymboree" Dinner and Auction at Hillendale Country Club
Wednesday, March 11:
Pastor Couser Installation Ceremony at 11 am. Noon dismissal for all students. No EDP.
Monday, March 16:
School Closed, Faculty Professional Development
End of Third Quarter
Friday, April 3:
Third Quarter report cards issued via OnCampus
Friday, April 10:
Monday, April 13 through Friday, April 17:
School Closed for Easter Break
Monday, April 20:
Order lunches from Terri’s Cafe here:
Coca Cola Give Program