CLERGY BOARD OF DIRECTORS CONFERENCE
The Chaplain’s office sponsored the Clergy Directors Conference in February. The Eight (8) Senior Clergy Directors of the Interfaith Board of Directors met along with President & CEO Missy Herndon, Board Chairman Mr. Will Murphy and Interfaith Chaplain Dr. Dan Hannon. The purpose of the conference was to engage the Senior Clergy of some of Interfaith’ s leading congregations, who serve as Chief Spiritual Officers for The Woodlands Community, to engage in a brainstorm dialogue on ways by which Congregations can engage and connect more with Interfaith. Likewise, on how Interfaith can be more engaged with its member congregations.
This First-of-Its-Kind event was hosted by Mr. Will Murphy at The Executive Offices of Wells Fargo Bank in Hughes Landing. Those Attending were:
· Pastor David Bauser of Lord of Life Lutheran Church
· Father Jesse Garcia of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
· Father Pat Garrett of Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic Church
· Rabbi Eddie Goldberg of Congregation Beth Shalom The Woodlands
· Pastor Rodney Mills of Northway Church
· Pastor Bobby Maynard of Woodlands Church
· Rev. Jeff Powers of Christ Church United Methodist
The Woodlands Religious Community, Inc. (a.k.a. INTERFAITH) was established by Mr. George Mitchell, the Founder of The Woodlands, to foster faith and spirituality in the Master Planned Community that has become The Woodlands Township.