The rain and winds that hit last weekend signaled the start of storm season. Fortunately we sustained no damage--partly because the weather was relatively mild and partly because of the steps City staff took to prepare. Here’s a recap:
- Public Works crews cleaned catch basins and outfall structures to help prevent any flooding that might occur and assembled equipment and extra manpower (via contract tree removal and an outside arborist on call) to be ready to respond to any downed trees.
- A crew of waste water staff was on site overnight last Thursday (10/13) to address any sudden changes in flow that might have occurred.
- The repair work at Beach Blvd. and Santa Maria Ave. was stabilized and supplies (rocks) were staged at the nearby City site just in case.
- Staff has been inspecting the Esplanade bluff weekly and increased our monitoring to daily last weekend.
- We closed the pier to help avoid injuries and incidents.
In addition, Public Works and Pacifica Police are highly coordinated to respond to storm-related calls for service.
We take storm preparations very seriously and you can too. Please check out the information highlighted under City News (below) for more information about resources available to you.
Please let me know if you have comments or questions, and
thank you for wanting to
Connect with Pacifica!