SR 89/Fanny Bridge Community Revitalization Project Construction Update
May 3, 2018
Construction work has started on the SR 89/Fanny Bridge Community Revitalization Project in Tahoe City.
Work will take place throughout the week, both day and night. Details:
- Night work is conducted Sunday thru Thursday from 3 a.m. – noon. This will change to 12 a.m. – noon next week.
- Day work is conducted Monday thru Friday for road and drainage work; Monday thru Saturday for bridge work, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Expect up to 20-minute delays in the project area.
Construction Schedule Updates
The Contractor has the following tasks scheduled for this week:
- SR 89 South of Fanny Bridge – utility locating and potholing – traffic control expected.
- Wye Roundabout (SR 28/SR 89 Wye) - utility locating and potholing – traffic control expected.
- West Roundabout (SR 89 at Caltrans Yard) - temporary concrete traffic barriers (K-Rail) will be set Thursday night, May 3.
- Lane widths will be reduced to 11 feet – same configuration as last season.
· New Truckee River Bridge – construction at both abutments – no traffic impact.
Please note that Traffic Control includes:
- Normal temporary lane closures utilizing flaggers with a maximum 20-minute delay.
- Flaggers are located at parking lot entrances to allow access.
- No businesses will be blocked.
Project construction hotline number:
775-589-5500 ext. 9
Project Construction Lead Agency:
Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration (CFLHD-FHWA)
Project Local Lead Agency:
Tahoe Transportation District (TTD)
Project Delivery Team:
CFLHD-FHWA, Tahoe Transportation District (TTD), Placer County, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA), Caltrans, TCPUD, and the United States Forest Service (USFS)