A traffic shift along northbound I-5 will occur at 8 p.m., Friday, May 20 to 8 a.m. Saturday, May 21 between Oso Parkway and Alicia Parkway. This work is required so that construction crews can move K-rail and restripe the northbound lanes. This is a great milestone for the project and coincides with the newly opened northbound La Paz Road loop on-ramp. This shift also creates a safe work zone for crews to demo and reconstruct the middle section of the La Paz Rd. bridge.
- 8 p.m. Friday, May 20, through 8 a.m. Saturday, May 21
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Restriping of roadway
- Lane reductions on northbound and southbound I-5 between Oso Pkwy. and Alicia Pkwy.
- Closures of northbound La Paz Rd. off-ramp, straight on-ramp and loop on-ramp
- Electronic message boards
Detour signage will be in place to assist motorists
- Plan for additional travel time through the area
The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen operational issues.