Avery Parkway at I-5 is scheduled to be closed Wednesday, June 1, so crews can safely and efficiently deliver precast concrete girders. Nightly lane reductions will be in place on Avery Pkwy. Thursday, June 2 and Friday, June 3. The girders are a structural component of the I-5 widening at Avery Parkway and are roughly 82' long and weigh almost 68,000 lbs. Because of the size and weight, a specialized crane will be used to place the girders.
- Nightly, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., starting as early as Wednesday, June 1 for up to three nights.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Nighttime full closure of Avery Pkwy. under I-5 with no through access on Wednesday, June 1.
- Nightly lane reductions on Avery Pkwy. at I-5 on June 2-3.
- Nightly lane reductions on northbound I-5 at Avery Pkwy. on June 1-3.
- Signage will be in place to assist motorists with detours.
The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen operational issues.