As part of the I-5 widening project, Southern California Edison is relocating utility lines over I-5. This work requires closing I-5 in both directions from Alicia Pkwy. to El Toro Rd. from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, May 16, and Tuesday, May 17. Lane reductions will begin as early as 8 p.m. each night.
Motorist should expect delays and use alternate routes if possible. Northbound motorists will be detoured off the freeway as early as Crown Valley Parkway. Southbound motorists will be detoured off the freeway at El Toro Rd.
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday, May 16
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Tuesday, May 17
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Full closure of northbound and southbound I-5 from Alicia Parkway to El Toro Road from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Safe, simple and direct detours
- Northbound I-5 motorists will be detoured off the freeway as early as Crown Valley Parkway
- Southbound I-5 motorists will be detoured off the freeway at El Toro Road
Electronic message boards and detour signage will be in place to assist motorists.
The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen operational issues.