⚠️ UPCOMING BRIDGE DEMOLITION AVERY PARKWAY BRIDGE
Crews will demolish the third and final span of the southbound I-5 bridge over Avery Parkway. This demolition is necessary for the reconstruction and improvement of the Avery Parkway Interchange.
For the safety of crews and motorists alike, the work will take place during the nighttime/overnight hours and will require lane, ramp and street closures. Signage and lane reductions will be in place. The southbound I-5 will remain open.
When reconstructed, the new Avery Parkway Interchange Will nearly double in size, adding turn and thru lanes, as well as improving traffic operations.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 to Friday, Nov. 4
- Monday, Nov. 7 to Thursday, Nov. 10
- Nightly, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Nighttime demolition of the I-5 bridge at Avery Pkwy.
- Southbound I-5 off-ramp at Avery Pkwy. nightly closure
- Southbound I-5 on-ramp at Avery Pkwy nightly closure
- Avery Pkwy. under the I-5 will be closed nightly, no through traffic.
The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen operational issues.