After almost two years, the freight market downturn brings steep challenges for carriers and shippers. As we stand on the threshold of an uncertain 2024, it’s time to leverage expertise built over eight decades and a national network that’s expansive and ready to serve. Here’s why Coppersmith Global Logistics is the partner you need right now.
While LTL rates are at all-time highs, FTL rates are falling steadily, down almost 30% from their highest points during the peak of September 2021. The list of reasons reads like a list of wishes made during the pandemic, including:
- Reduced demand for retail goods.
- More freight capacity with new trucks and drivers entering the market.
- Easing of supply chain disruptions that had been driving up costs and transit times.
- Higher interest rates, fuel prices, and inflation.
- The uncertain outlook for the freight market in 2024.