On Tuesday October 23, Cornell University Hospital for Animals will launch
, a cloud-based veterinary practice management software. This will affect the Companion Animal, Equine, Nemo Farm Animal, Ambulatory and Janet L. Swanson Wildlife hospitals.
What you can expect
As a referring veterinarian, you can expect that your experience in the first few weeks will be similar to your experience today with the below modifications:
- The RefVet Portal will be deactivated next week. We’re replacing it with a commercial referring veterinarian portal fully integrated with our practice management software. It will include bi-directional communication capabilities, expanded access to your patient’s records and CE notifications.
- We will no longer use section-specific emails for referral communications.
- Our pharmacists will continue to fill external prescriptions as per our current protocol.
- On day one of ezyVet, expect to receive tailored RDVM letters within 48 hours of discharge automatically sent from the system.
What your clients can expect
Your clients can expect a more modern, interactive appointment reminder system with two-way communication, digital signatures, syndicate/split billing and automated communication options.
- By early 2019, your clients can expect a portal that offers online bookings, pharmacy refills, access to their pet’s medical records, and processing of insurance claims.
This software provides much more than just a replacement of the current system UVIS. ezyVet will perform many processes that are currently being done manually. When our new Small Animal Community Practice opened in June, we implemented ezyVet and have been pleased with the enhancements to record keeping, internal and external communication, student teaching and business processes.
Help Us Update Our Database
Please take a moment and reply to this email with the required information below to update and customize your RDVM profile for ezyVet.
Company name and physical address:
Names of veterinarians in practice:
Preferred contact methods:
All referral images, forms and medical records can be faxed to 607.253.3788 for Companion Animal Hospital referrals, 607.253.3787 for Equine and Nemo Farm Animal referrals, or emailed to
Until we finalize the configurations of our new bi-directional RDVM software and client portal, please continue to call our Medical Records Department at 607.253.3044 or email
if you need copies of records, discharges or diagnostic images.
If you know of upcoming needs, we’d like to see those records requests and prescription refills submitted the week of October 15.
Thank you for your patience
We have been working diligently over the last several months in preparation for this exciting day and although some glitches are inevitable, we feel confident in our efforts to be ready for day one. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition and will continue to communicate improvements as they are implemented.
If you need assistance at any time please contact us at:
- Hospital Operations 607.253.3030
- Companion Animal Hospital 607.253.3060
- Equine and Nemo Farm Animal Hospitals 607.253.3100
- Ambulatory and Production Medicine 607.253.3140
Meg Thompson DVM, DACVR
Associate Dean of Hospital Operations and Corporate Relations
Director, Cornell University Hospital for Animals