March 12, 2020
We are working with the YMCA and ACBL on safety precautions during the constantly changing corona virus situation.
These are our plans:
- Tables, chairs and counters will be wiped before each game with Virex, a product that the Y has purchased because it has been shown to kill corona virus. We will eliminate table covers, which are harder to clean effectively, as long as the situation continues.
- We ask that all players wash their hands before and after each game, as well as during the game if possible.
- The Y is committed to providing hand sanitizer, whatever the price, as long as hand sanitizer is available in the marketplace.
- We will no longer serve snacks, and we ask members not to bring snacks to share. If you want a snack, please bring your own.
- As recommended by the ACBL, we will use a separate set of boards and cards at each game within a given week.
- We currently plan to hold bridge games as long as the YMCA remains open.
As always, we ask that you stay home if there is any doubt about your health. We will be diligent about asking anyone to leave the game if they show any signs of illness.
We’re sure you’ve all heard these recommendations by now, but we’ll repeat them as a reference:
- Wash hands frequently, industriously with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and face
- Practice social distancing, avoiding hugs, kisses and handshakes in greetings
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding with this. We are continuing to monitor the situation, as is the YMCA.
Abramo and Jo Murray