Dear CARE Residents,
CARE Housing would like to inform you about our approach to coronavirus (COVID-19). CARE Housing is taking precautionary measures to promote a healthy and safe environment for residents and staff.
CARE Housing is currently operating on standard office hours. We will notify you if this changes via our website, Facebook page and an e-newsletter. All meetings and activities at our community clubhouses have been canceled through April 6th, and we will not be taking new reservations until further notice.
At this time, CARE Housing’s maintenance will continue as usual. However, at some point we might only be able to address emergency work orders. The following actions are meant to help keep our residents, staff, partners and communities as safe as possible.
- When possible, we ask all residents to conduct business with CARE Housing by phone, email or the website to reduce opportunities for the virus to spread.
- We have instructed all staff who are ill, or have an ill family member, not to come to work until the recommended time by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has passed.
- We are limiting person-to-person contact by canceling all non-essential activities or gatherings in community spaces.
- CARE Housing is now cleaning office common areas multiple times throughout each day, sanitizing high touch areas.
- CARE Housing staff will continue to follow instructions provided by public health agencies.
Before any CARE Housing staff member is scheduled to enter an apartment for inspections, work orders, meetings, etc. they will be contacting you to ask the following questions:
- Are you having flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- In the last 14 days have you traveled to a high-risk area for transmission of COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone confirmed or is being evaluated for COVID-19?
CARE staff will be contacting you even if you had already given permission to enter your apartment. It is extremely important that you return calls from CARE Housing staff as soon as possible for staff to follow through with your scheduled appointment and gain access to your apartment.
Please also be aware that CARE Housing staff may be wearing gloves and/or masks when entering your apartment. This does not mean that the staff member has been exposed, only that we are protecting staff and residents from potential exposure.
For general questions about COVID-19 or information about testing:
Contact the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 for answers in many languages. For those seeking answers in English, you can email
To see a medical provider from the privacy of home, UCHealth’s Virtual Urgent Care can be one of the easiest, safest ways to get help. They will bill your insurance; for uninsured persons, there is a $49 flat fee. Go to:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at our main office: 970-282-7522
Thank you for your cooperation to help keep CARE Housing communities healthy and safe. We greatly appreciate your understanding.
CARE Housing Staff