In this week's article I would like to discuss the coronavirus (COVID-19). To be prepared, our office has been in constant contact with local, state, and federal officials.
I would like to remind the Coastal Bend we must work together to combat the virus. I will continue to encourage everyone to take these precautionary steps to prevent the spread of the virus. These actions include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. The face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
As more information becomes available, I will provide additional updates. The state agencies are collaborating with each other and work closely with local officials to respond to current outbreaks. In the meantime, it is important to follow the precautionary steps listed above and listen to local health officials and comply with their suggestions to help contain the spread of the virus. I will include some useful links to follow current developments concerning the coronavirus.
Read the full article.