Check out the new message boards located around the city with important COVID-19 information
THE MESSAGE BOARDS CAN BE LOCATED ON:
Flamingo and Pink Flamingo
Oakland Park Blvd and 94th
Pine Island and NW 38th
Sunset Strip and NW 15th
The following important messages will be displayed on a rotation regarding COVID-19:
Sunrise is a Compassionate City!
Need help with food resources, senior services, or
other important needs?
Contact our Call Center at 954-746-3670
M-F 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.,
Our team of caring and compassionate staff is here to connect you with the answers you need.
You're Safer at Home, Sunrise!
- Go to the grocery, convenience or hardware store
- Go to the pharmacy
- Visit a healthcare professional for medical services that cannot be provided virtually (call first for tele-health options)
- Go to a restaurant for take-out or drive-thru service
- Get gas for your vehicle
- Go to your bank or financial institution
- Provide support for a family member or friend
- Take a walk, ride your bike, jog and be outdoors for exercise – while maintaining at least six feet between you and others
- Walk your pets, take them to the veterinarian, or provide other animal care
- Go to work if your job is considered “essential” – such as supermarket and restaurant staff, people who conduct repair work, first responders, and government and medical personnel.
You May Not:
- Travel unless you are providing essential services as defined by the Safer at Home Order
- Visit friends and family if there is not an urgent need
- Maintain less than six feet of distance from others when you go out
Beware of COVID-19 Scams
Some scammers are knocking on doors in South Florida neighborhoods. Do not open your door to anyone who claims to be conducting door-to-door coronavirus testing!
If you see or experience something unusual, you can call the Police non-emergency line: 954-764-4357. In the event of a true emergency, dial 911.