STAY AT HOME
WE REALLY, REALLY MEAN IT
Some counties throughout the State are issuing “Stay At Home” orders. We agree with this strategy.
For whatever reason, Broward County has not issued such an order.
Instead, 31 cities across Broward are left to try to formulate a patchwork public health policy for a global crisis.
Cities are now considering their own stay at home orders.
We can do what we can in Sunrise, but what if all the other cities do not?
Patchwork public health policy is unsustainable.
SO THAT MEANS YOU AND I HAVE TO DO WHAT WE CAN, TOGETHER.
SOMETIMES WE CAN’T WAIT FOR GOVERNMENT!
YOU KNOW WE MUST STAY HOME
Yes, essential businesses are open
ME AND YOU: NOT ALL SHOPPING IS ESSENTIAL AT THAT MOMENT
Think before shopping – do I really need [insert whatever you are thinking] at this very moment?
THANK YOU to all of you emailing me to express the same frustration. I share your concern.
WE ALL MUST TAKE THIS MORE SERIOUSLY
YOUR SACRIFICE OF STAYING HOME WILL SAVE A LIFE AND OUR NATION.
A CALL TO ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES
If you are open, please do everything you can to
* Provide disinfectant wipes for shopping carts and baskets or disinfect shopping carts and baskets;
* Disinfect aggressively and routinely, all check out areas, including but not limited to conveyer belts, cash registers, and credit card areas;
* Disinfect after close or before opening all areas of the store that customers may touch or come into contact;
* Require employees to wash and/or disinfect their hands at least once per hour;
* Clean and disinfect any pen or stylus used to sign receipts after each customer or waive the need to sign a receipt;
* Use best efforts to ensure that customers at check out are separated by at least six (6) feet;
* Regularly disinfect all door handles used by the general public.
Also, be mindful of your employees’ health and do appropriate screening – with compassion and understanding.
Finally, for restaurants -- be smart in your drive through and take out strategies.
For all of us, do not become complacent!
AFTER SHOPPING, WASH HANDS AND CONSIDERING PACKAGING RECOMMENDATIONS AS THEY ARE ISSUED.
FEDERAL RELIEF PACKAGES
Like you, I am watching (too much) news to see what is coming to help our community.
There is not a lot of clarity at this point.
However, please know, we are going to do everything we can in the City of Sunrise – working with our Greater Sunrise Chamber of Commerce and all our local businesses – to figure out what is the process AND to advocate for you.
WE NEEDED RELIEF MUST SOONER!
But, let’s focus on what we can do now….together!