The Sunrise Senior Center is offering transportation to select early-shopping destinations on an appointment-only basis. If you are a senior without transportation and you need early access to obtain groceries, please call 954-746-3677.
- If you are aged 60 and older, qualifying home-bound seniors can request free meal delivery by calling the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 954-745-9779.
- If you are aged 59 and younger, please contact Meals on Wheels South Florida at 954-731-8770.
- Today through April 15, Broward Schools will continue offering FREE grab-and-go breakfast from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and lunch from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for all students as well as family members that are present with them at the time of pick-up. Of the 47 locations Countywide, Sunrise families and students may find the most convenient for them to be:
- Sawgrass Elementary- 12655 NW 8th Street
- Village Elementary- 2100 NW 70th Avenue
- Westpine Middle- 9393 NW 50th Street
- Plantation High School- 6901 NW 16th Street
- If you're the parent or guardian of a child 18 and under who needs additional food assistance visit summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com to find local non-profits that are also distributing food to qualifying children in need.
- SNAP is a food assistance program offered through the state. To apply now, visit myflorida.com/accessflorida.
For information on other support that may be available, City of Sunrise residents can always call our dedicated social services division at (954) 746-3670.