The situation with Covid 19 or Coronavirus is changing on an hourly basis, so we are providing you with the following updates.
Any Unit meeting or activity must follow the CDC recommendation of no more than 10 people in any one group. That is a combination of youth and adults, youth only or adults only.
Camp Woodland remains open for overnight camping on weekends and will be open for day trips during the week, however all cabins are unavailable. Owens Hall and Stickly Hall are also not available for use and the Museum will be limited to a capacity of 10 inclusive of staff and visitors. All visitors should practice Social Distancing.
In addition, the following Council & District Events have been canceled and/or postponed:
All Eagle Boards – Please contact District Advancement Chair for further guidance
All District Round Tables – Postponed or Virtual Meeting
All Council and District Committees - Postponed or Virtual Meeting
3/19 – Campfire Activity at Woodland – Canceled
3/20 – 3/22 Wilderness First Aid/CPR – Postponed
3/21 OA Brotherhood – Canceled
3/21 Sabattis Leaders Meeting – Virtual Meeting
4/4 Northern Lights Pinewood Derby – Canceled
4/18 Onondaga District Merit Badge Event – Canceled
4/24 – 4/26 Venturee – Canceled
4/25 Oneida Pinewood Derby – Canceled
5/1 – 5/3 Amangi Mawsain (OA Induction) – Postponed
5/2 – 5/3 Intro to Outdoor Leader Training – Postponed
5/2 Baloo Training – Postponed
5/4 – BOYPOWER/SCOUTPOWER – Postponed
It is important to remember that this will pass, and better days are ahead. Plus, we continue to prepare for Summer Camp and all deadlines are still in place. There is no better place to be than Sabattis Scout Reservation, enjoying the outdoors and freedom of movement that camp has to offer.
Until then we encourage everyone to continue to follow the everyday preventive measures listed below.
- Stay home when you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands before and after doing so.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Do not share personal items such as cups, water bottles, eating utensils, etc.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should isolate and not attend any Scouting events. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
Should you have any questions or concerns about a specific upcoming event or activity, please reach out to your local district executive. We will do everything we can to answer your question using the information available to us. Your local District Executive’s contact information can be found on the Council website at http://www.cnyscouts.org/about/staff.