On 3/17/2020, President Trump announced the telehealth initiative as an effort to slow the spread of the virus. This initiative was addressed to Medicare beneficiaries, but commercial and private insurance companies were also encouraged to expand their telehealth services at a low or no cost benefit to their members as well.
Leveraging Telehealth to direct people to the right level of healthcare for their medical needs is crucial. Adopting Telehealth will limit the spread of the virus by eliminating the risk of exposure to germs in the ER, urgent care, and primary doctors.
Telehealth offers you access to board-certified physicians, 24/7 from the comfort of your home.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Telehealth physicians diagnose and treat 50 of the most common conditions, along with providing temporary prescription refills.
- Physicians are prepared to screen patients and their symptoms to determine the severity and whether symptoms align with the COVID-19.
- If concerns for Coronavirus are present during your medical assessment, the Telehealth physician will help guide you to the appropriate level of care.
Many Telehealth companies are offering a $0 copay to utilize the service, specifically for COVID-19 diagnosis. Downloading the app for the teleheath vendors can simplifies the process entirely!
With the significant increase in usage, all telemedicine providers are reporting longer than normal wait times.
- Wait times continue to be lower than time spent at an Emergency Room or Urgent Care
- Your exposure to others who are sick is minimized
Click on any of the below Telehealth options to enroll!