March 25, 2020
Dear Gilpin Hall Family,
We are continuing to monitor the situation with COVID-19 and are working every day to implement procedures that will help reduce any risk to our residents and staff. I am happy to report that, as of this writing, we have no residents or staff who have tested positive for the virus.
As stated in my email of March 12, 2020, the following remain in effect until further notice:
- The facility is closed to all visitors, including but not limited to, family, friends, non-emergent care providers, and vendors. Exceptions for emergency situations may be approved only by the Administrator.
- New admissions are suspended.
- No group activities will be held.
- All non-emergent medical and other appointments, both inside and out of the facility, have been cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Gilpin Hall Adult Day Program is closed.
- Staff and other personnel coming into the facility must have a temperature check and respond to a questionnaire about any possible exposure to the virus. Sanitation and disinfection remain a priority.
We are now facilitating brief Skype visits, which we ask that you limit to no more than one per day. Appointments can be made by contacting us at
. Please use this opportunity with your loved one as an uplifting and encouraging time, refraining from discussion of any negativity surrounding the virus.
We have a need for disposable or hand-crafted gowns and masks and would appreciate any donations. Please contact us if you have access to any of these items.
We appreciate your support through this difficult time and pray that you and your family will be safe and healthy. We look forward to the end of this pandemic and the return to more normal times.