March 12, 2020
To: Gilpin Hall Family
From: Linda B. Schwind, NHA, Executive Director
As the Coronavirus continues to spread in the United States, Gilpin Hall is closely monitoring the ever-changing situation. Our top priority is the well-being and safety of all residents, staff and all other members of the Gilpin Hall community.
To this end, we are implementing the following, which will be in effect until further notice:
- The facility is closed to all visitors, including but not limited to, family, friends, non-emergent care providers and vendors. Exceptions for emergency situations may be approved only by the Administrator.
- New admissions are suspended.
- No large group activities will be held.
- All non-emergent medical and other appointments, both inside and out of the facility, have been cancelled or rescheduled.
- All care plan meetings will be conducted by telephone.
- Gilpin Hall Adult Day Program will be closed effective Friday March 13, 2020.
We are asking all staff members not to come to work if they are feeling sick. In addition, nursing staff members are being evaluated upon arrival on each shift to determine their suitability for duty. Anyone deemed to be a potential health risk to residents and other staff members will be sent home and not permitted to return to duty until risk free.
Re-training on proper hand-washing and other infection control procedures is occurring throughout the facility. We have increased the frequency of our routine cleaning and sanitation procedures, and are disinfecting doorknobs and other frequently touch areas several times per day.
We have included the Coronavirus information link from the CDC and a link to Delaware Public Health for your information. Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to provide the best possible care for our residents during this health emergency.
Please share these visiting restrictions with all other potential visitors as soon as possible. Visitors will be turned away.