All hard surfaces should be cleaned/disinfected every 2 hours in all common areas.
* Social distancing and wearing masks will be important for a long time, including maintaining 6' apart from non-family members in church. Marking off 6' intervals and alternating pews is suggested
* How will social distancing be mainta
ined for the choir?
* Put up temporary signs with guidelines.
* When is it safe to have children's programs, VBS, camps, etc.?
* Once groups the size of your church are cleared to gather, begin worship and other activities when you are confident you can maintain social distancing and sanitize all hard surfaces.
*Rethink how offerings will be collected. Passing the plate is not recommended. Perhaps a box somewhere in the church could be available. Volunteers who count the collection should wear gloves. Encourage online giving and checks mailed to the church.
* When offering communion, follow social distancing guidelines. Persons distributing the elements should wear gloves.
* For many states, it will be probably be 4 weeks before groups over 50 people can gather.
3. There are some excellent articles on a website by Ken Braddy of Lifeway Christian Resources. Examples are:
"24 Questions Your Church Should Ask Before People Return" (April 18, 2020)
"Reopening the Church: 4 Phases for an Orderly Return"
(April 22, 2020)
"24 More Questions the Church Should Ask Before People
" (April 25, 2020)
To view these resources and more, go to:
and look for the COVID-19 Resources section.
May you continue to experience the peace of Christ during this Eastertide season,