2019-20 Town of Kent budget and Streetscape
- May 16 - 12- 8 p.m at Kent Town Hall - Referendum vote on Streetscape Bond Resolution. See below for more info.
- May 17 at 7 p.m. Town Budget vote.
Click on VOTE logo to see the full proposed Town budgets
The Kent Streetscape Project- an update
Click on Town logo above for full resolution
· The May 16 referendum vote is your opportunity to formally weigh in on whether the Streetscape Project is something you want the Town to spend money on.
· The referendum vote is YES or NO on a funding resolution,
on materials,scope of project,etc.
· If the resolution passes, it allows the Town to contract for the creation of a
. A YES vote on the bond resolution will allow us to get
to bring to you with all the details including construction materials and scope of project.
take between five and six months to complete and about half way through the process decisions regarding materials and scope of project need to be finalized.
· At least one additional Town Meeting will be convened to secure final taxpayer approval of the
before the project is put out to bid.
· This process has been compared to getting pre-approved for financing before purchasing a house. If you see it and don't like it then no sidewalks and only a nominal amount will have been expended.
The Kent Transfer Station
- The annual shredding date is May 25 from 9-1 at the Transfer Station. This is a free event with no limits, but please bring only things that need to be shredded.
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is set for June 1 in Falls Village. Free, but must pre register at Kent Town Hall in the Selectman's office. Click Town logo below for a list of what to bring.