Health care delivery in Lafayette County steadily gains momentum. From COVID-19 testing and antibody screening, to the ownership transition from Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center to the Health Care Collaborative (HCC) of Rural Missouri, the rural health care network continues to expand its health care and social service footprint. Live Well Community Health Center – Lexington (811 A. South Business Hwy 13) officially reopens July 6, 2020. To commemorate this grand opening, several community events are taking place:
Wellness Outreach Day is Thursday, June 18, 2020
, at the HCC and Lexington 4 Life Center parking lot, 825 S. Business Highway 13 in Lexington. This free event includes:
- COVID-19 testing and antibody screenings from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (no cost to the public).
- Digital Imaging’s mobile 3-D mammography van from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bring insurance card. Walk-ins are welcome or individuals may schedule ahead. Call 816.444.9989 or visit https://www.dic-kc.com/for-patients/.
- Blood donations through the Community Blood Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Book an appointment at https://savealifenow.org/group and enter group code, EG9U.
- Informational sessions about Missouri Medicaid expansion, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with the Healthcare for All organization and its educational mobile unit called, MARV.
- Voter registration from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Live Well Community Health Center – Lexington Open House and Ribbon Cutting is Tuesday, June 23, 2020, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Expect brief remarks at 5:30. The facility will be open to the public for tours, and refreshments provided.
Live Well Community Health Center – Lexington opens Tuesday, July 6, 2020.
On that day, patients may begin scheduling appointments for primary, dental, and behavioral health care. Patients will be seen, by appointment, after July 6. For more information, call 660.259.2440.
“We feel incredibly blessed to extend our clinic services to the Lexington community,” said HCC CEO Toniann Richard. “We are appreciative of the collaborative partnership we have with Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center to make this transition possible. We are also grateful to so many others who have come alongside of us and supported our mission. We encourage everyone to join us for Wellness Outreach Day and for our open house. This is what solid, equitable rural health care looks like, and we want to share it with as many people as we can.”
For more information, contact Suzanne Smith at 660.259.2440, or visit
. Also, COVID-19 drive-through testing and antibody screenings are held every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Lexington 4 Life Center, 825 S. Business Highway 13. Contact HCC at 660.259.2440 for testing information.