Now is the time to make your Event Reservations
The American-Scottish Foundation in collaboration
with the Carnegie Corporation
The Scots Who Built New York
Andrew Carnegie's Contributions
to Architecture and the Promotion of Ideas 1855-1919
Architect and architectural historian John Kinnear leads a multimedia talk, exploring the huge contribution of Scottish-Americans - and in particular, Andrew Carnegie-to the building and shaping of New York.
Tartan Day Observance, In honor of the 21st Anniversary of National Tartan Day -
In words and music with Readings from Senate Resolution & Presidential Decrees Excerpts from the Declaration of Arbroath. Free for the community.
- DATE: Friday April 5, 2019
- TIME: 12:30
- MASTER OF CEREMONIES Kenneth Donnelly
- DECLARATION OF ARBROATH Robbi Munro
- Craig Weir- Piper
- Highland Divas
- North Lanarkshire Schools Pipe Band
- Rob Roy Pipe Band & Dancers
- University of Highlands & Islands Atlantic Trio
Pipes & Drums on the Fountain Terrace.
Hear the sound of some of our leading Pipe Bands as they prepare for the
21st Annual New York Tartan Day Parade.
Free for all to enjoy.
- DATE: Saturday April 6, 2019
- TIME: 11:00 AM
- TICKETS: No tickets required. The event is for all the community.
- Shot of Scotch
- Atlantic Watch Pipes & Drums
- Kirkwall City Pipe Band
- Oban High School Pipe Band
- New York University Pipe Band
- Bonnie Brae Drums
- Shamrock and Thistle
Scotland on the Fountain Terrace
Celebrate Scotland on the Fountain Terrace
Free for all to enjoy.
- DATE: Sunday April 7, 2019
- TIME: 12:30 -1:30 PM:
- Whisky Kiss
- Mike Ogotree
- University of the Highlands & Islands Atlantic Trio
Friday, April 5th : 3pm
ASF & NY Genealogy & Biographical Society
Prof. Marjorie Harper, Aberdeen University
Talk followed by refreshments & book signing
ASF/NYGB Members $20 Guest Tickets $25
Saturday, April 6th : 2pm (step off)
In this the 20th Anniversary of our Chairman Emeritus, Alan Bain, leading the first Parade up a sidewalk - we invite you to join our "contingent" as we march up Sixth Avenue for the
21st Annual NY Tartan Day Parade.
Papillon From 3.30 - 6pm
22 East 54th Street,
New York, NY
Glendronach Single Malt Scotch Whisky Tasting,
light food, wine & beer, cash bar.
As a Member & Friend of ASF we invite you to join us