Medical marijuana webinar - Aug. 31
CCAO and CORSA will host a one-hour webinar on "Medical Marijuana: Can Cannabis Still Get You Canned?" on Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 10 a.m. Attendees will learn about HB 523, which legalizes certain types of uses of medical marijuana to treat specific qualifying medical conditions, and its impact on employers. Discussion topics will include:
- General overview of the provisions of Ohio's medical marijuana law.
- Must employers permit or accommodate an employee's use of medical marijuana and can employees be under the influence at work?
- Can employers still enforce their drug-free workplace policies?
- How does HB 523 impact workers' compensation?
- Does HB 523 have any impact on ADA or FMLA compliance?
- Is discharge for medical marijuana use considered to be for just cause with regard to unemployment compensation?
Our speakers are Frank Hatfield and David Riepenhoff from the law firm of Fishel Hass Kim Albrecht LLP.
If you experience difficulty in registering, please contact
, CCAO administrative assistant, and provide him with your name, title, employer and email address. CCAO has published County Advisory Bulletin
2016-02 - Medical Marijuana
For additional information regarding the topic for this webinar, please contact
, CCAO legislative counsel, at (614) 220-7994.