CCAO's 2016 Candidates' Briefing Guide was released this week. The guide, which is designed to educate candidates on county government and the policy issues that are important to counties, emphasizes the importance of strengthening the partnership between the state and counties to make a stronger Ohio.
The top policy issues included in this year's guide include:
- Replace revenue lost from the elimination of the Medicaid managed care sales tax
- Partner with counties to replace voting equipment
- Protect the county/state sales tax base
- Enhance the delivery of public safety services
- Address growing pressures caused by the opiate epidemic
- Modernize infrastructure funding
The guide also recommends partnership opportunities between the state and counties, notes recent successes and shares information on county revenue sources and the many important functions that counties perform.
Candidates received the guide this week and county commissioners, executives and council members should receive their copies early next week. You can view the document online
As a member of CCAO, you are our most powerful advocate. We hope this will provide a valuable tool that supports your advocacy efforts with current and future state lawmakers over the coming months.