Every day I am heartened to see so many residents step up and volunteer to help their neighbors and donate needed supplies. We are a strong community!
Here's your chance to help out. Contra Costa County has just announced the opening of three donation sites throughout the county where you can drop off badly needed protective equipment and medical supplies for our hard-working healthcare providers.
These supplies keep our front line healthcare workers safe and healthy so they can care for others and save lives.
Businesses and residents are encouraged to donate only the following types of protective medical supplies (If possible, only one person should make the donation, to minimize the numbers of people going out in public):
* Eye protection, such as goggles and face shields
* Antibacterial and disinfecting wipes, typically alcohol or bleach based (unopened). NO baby wipes.
* N-95 and surgical masks (in unopened containers/boxes)
* Medical gowns: Disposable gowns, as well as cloth surgical and
hospital gowns in good condition
Donation centers will be open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at:
* West County: 151 Linus Pauling Drive, Hercules
* Central County: 1750 Oak Park Blvd., Pleasant Hill
* East County: 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch
Special thanks to Facebook, which has donated 350,000 medical gloves that will be distributed throughout Contra Costa County.
Please call the Contra Costa Health Services call center at 844-729-8410 with questions.
Thank you. Be well, help others, and let's continue to make our County a model for how to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please stay home except for essential activities. That's how we beat this virus!