We've been busy this week preparing to roll out CourtReserve (CR), which will replace Racquet Desk as our court scheduler, but also help us with overall club management, including memberships and messaging to you, our members, in a timely manner. CR has a lot of functionality and there is a CR app, too, you can download on your phone, which will make reserving courts a breeze!
Soon, each member will receive an email with a link and instructions how to create your personalized account online at our CR member portal or through the CR app. You'll be able to set up a payment profile and register for clinics, lessons, ball machine rental, and guest fees at the time of court reservations all through the app or online portal. Easy peasy! You'll also receive a reminder when your annual membership renewal is within 30 days, so you can renew just as easily.
Some other changes associated with CourtReserve.....
- Checking in: you will no longer have to sign in on a paper clipboard…..there will be two ways to check in when you come to the club:
- 1) we will issue a membership card for every member that we encourage you to attach to your tennis bag; it has a barcode that you can scan when you come to the club to play. There will be a $5 fee to replace a lost card.
- 2) Alternatively, you'll be able to tap the barcode icon in the upper right hand corner of your phone screen in the CR app and then scan the barcode
- Members will be able to reserve courts up to 4 days in advance beginning at 8 pm each night instead of the current 12:01 am that has left some of our players bleary-eyed.
- Many of our members play each week on the same day/time, so we're going to create events in CR called "Open Play". You will be able to register for each Open Play event at no charge and we can set these to be longer than the 2 hour limit for doubles, since it will be a club event. Having these events will encourage other members to come out and play, allow nonmembers to pay the guest fee and join in (and maybe decide to become a member), and help us with a requirement of our Special Use Permit: the City Parks and Rec Dept mandates that 20% of our court hours be available to nonmembers.
Keep an eye on your inbox over the next week for the CourtReserve rollout!