Herbicide use for Annual Ryegrass
Apply at 1.25 - 1.5 lb. a.e./acre
- Add ammonium sulfate and a surfactant
- Adjust pH and follow mixing directions on the label. 5.5 pH or lower is recommended
Percautions when planting corn
- Never mix atrazine or Callisto with glyphosate
(ryegrass control will diminish)
- Adding 1 lb. a.e./acre Princep (simazine) improves weed control
- Use of Balance Pro, Prowl H20, Resolve or Basis, 2,4-D, Axiom at full label rate for residual weed control will not affect annual ryegrass termination
Precautions when planting soybeans
- Annual ryegrass escapes can be controlled post emergence with full rates of SelectMax, Poast Plus, or Fusilade DX.
- Use fertilizer, surfactant, crop oil as label directed
After the crop emerges, escapes can be controlled in corn with labeled rates of Accent Q, Steadfast Q, or Option, but best control is obtained with these products when temperatures are above 70 degrees.