This winter, workers have been busy completing a $1.3 preservation project on the historic Buttrick Mansion. Built in 1911, the building was first home to Stedman Buttrick and his family and has served as the North Bridge Visitor Center for over 50 years. (Stedman Buttrick is a descendant of Major John Buttrick - see the article below!)
The preservation project at the North Bridge Visitor Center includes exterior work such as slate roof repair, copper gutter replacement, front door restoration, loggia and column repairs, as well as interior work including painting, plastering, window restoration, bathroom upgrades, and floor updates. Visitors will also enjoy modern amenities such as central air conditioning on the first floor, water bottle refilling stations, and baby-changing facilities.
Click on the link below to read more and view preservation photos.