Due to Covid-19, Jax Beach, along with Neptune and Atlantic Beaches, and the City of Jacksonville, are under a state of emergency starting at 5pm today until further notice.
- No gatherings of more than 50 people, including restaurants, bars, houses of worship. Grocery stores are exempt.
- All public meetings have been canceled.
- All public events have been canceled.
- No alcohol sales between midnight and 8am.
- Please engage in social distancing: stay 6 feet or more away from other individuals; do not shake hands/hug; be aware of what you touch.
- Wash your hand frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice)
- Think of others at this time. Do not hoard. Get what you need and leave some for others (soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, etc.).
We are in a unique time. Pause. Reflect. Take this time alone to be mindful. Please do not listen to hoaxes.
Refer to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) for the science behind the disease. Covis-19 is a new strain in the Coronoavirus family.
Be patient. It will take time for health professionals to learn more about the strain. Currently, testing is limited. If you have symptoms, contact your doctor's office.
As of right now, the Presidential Primary elections WILL take place tomorrow (Tuesday, 3/17/2020) from 7am to 7pm.
Also, the parks and the beach are currently still open. This may change in the future, bus as of the time of this post, you may enjoy them. That said, enjoy them, but be mindful of washing you and your kids' hands frequently.
All our lives are disrupted right now. You are not alone. While this is a very unique situation, we will get through this - together.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and be well.