Dear Parents and Students,
Based on the prevalence of Covid-19 in our county and community, JKHA/RKYHS will continue to employ ongoing population saliva screening for students as follows:
- Students in nursery through 7th grade will screen weekly.
- Unvaccinated students in 8th through 12th grades will screen weekly.
- Vaccinated students in 8th through 12th grades will screen after holidays and as further determined necessary.
If a positive case is detected in a class or grade:
- Unvaccinated students in a class or grade in which a positive case was confirmed will screen for Covid-19 for seven days post-exposure. If their individual screenings are clear, they will not require quarantine.
Students who test positive must quarantine for 10 days; additionally, their unvaccinated household members must also quarantine. Household members of a confirmed positive case must consult with the school nurse to determine the length of quarantine.
- Even if/when a positive case in a class or grade is detected, vaccinated students will not require screening nor quarantine.
If students and families travel:
- Students who are vaccinated will not require quarantine post-travel.
Unvaccinated students should refer to the New Jersey Department of Health and CDC recommendations for guidance.
- Families post-travel may choose to take independent rapid tests for their unvaccinated students to expedite their return to school.
- We will continue to rely on weekly screening to safeguard our community.
We look forward to a productive, meaningful and safe school year together!
Eliezer E. Rubin