Finally some good news! We can reopen the tennis courts (with restrictions) beginning Monday, May 18. Here are the protocols
COVID TENNIS RULES & REGULATIONS
- Tennis may only be played between members of the same household or living unit OR between a maximum two single individuals outside of the same household or living unit.
- Tennis Hours: 8am - 6pm (courts will be locked at 6pm)
- Players may only use outdoor courts; Indoor portions of the club will remain closed. (No access to bathrooms, water or ice)
- Stay at least six feet apart from other players and comply with all social distancing requirements outlined in the local Health Officer’s Orders.
- No equipment is to be shared between players, including tennis balls and racket.
- Each player will mark their balls with clear and unique markings.
- Players will only serve and touch their own tennis balls. When another player’s ball needs to be returned to them, it will be rolled or hit to them with a racket, without touching the ball in any way, a historical common practice.
- All court gates will be roped off (when closed) or left open (during hours of court operation) to prevent touching.
- All stationary furniture, such as benches, will be roped off to prevent congregating and touching.
- All players over the age of 12 are encouraged to wear a face mask during play pursuant to the Health Officer’s Face Covering Order.
- When another player’s ball needs to be returned to them, it will be rolled or hit to them with a racket, without touching the ball in any way, a historical common practice.
- Players should arrive to the facility no more than ten minutes prior the time expected to play leave the facility immediate after play, and no extra-curricular or social activity should take place.
- MEMBERS ONLY. NO GUESTS ALLOWED AT THIS TIME.
- Players over the age of 12 and/or staff are required to wear a mask, pursuant to the Health Officer’s Face Covering Order when not actively playing.