The Institute will be open Wednesday - Sunday with the following hours:
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10:00am - 12:00pm; 12:30 - 2:30pm; and 3:00 - 5:00pm
- Fridays: 10:00am - 12:00pm; 12:30 - 2:30pm; 3:00 - 5:00pm; and 6:00 - 9:00pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 12:00 - 2:30pm and 3:00 - 5:00pm
Your experience may look a bit different than before, but know we are working hard to make sure you have a memorable, and safe, visit. In addition to following CDC recommendations, guests will be required to observe the following procedures while at the museum:
- All guests aged three and older will be required to wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose for the duration of their visit.
- Children under the age of three will be asked to enjoy the museum from a stroller or carrier.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain six-feet of social distance between themselves and other guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at visitor entrances and high-contact areas.
- In addition to daily cleaning procedures, enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- The museum will be limited to 50 guests at any given time.
For more information on our reopening plans, guidelines, and experiences available to you and your families at the Institute of Science please visit our website.
And to our members: We understand that during our temporary closure you experienced an interruption to your usual visits to the Institute. We want to reassure you that we will be extending expiration dates on memberships. Your membership will automatically be extended and we will be in touch as soon as we’re open to let you know your new expiration date.