Lat month I was also one of the featured speakers at the international
Creativity & Culture 2018 Online Conference
. My individual 15-minute interview on applied creativity in work is
. I was also on a panel with six others further exploring applied creativity
And I presented an experiential session on
Bringing Your Business Story to Life
for the Central VA Business Owners group here in Charlottesville. I look forward to expanding that session into a full-day workshop.
In other news, my main focus has been working with coaching and organizational clients, and developing a Creative Facilitator Train-the-Trainer Certification Program (based on teachings and learnings from my various CF programs since my first Creative Facilitation Workshop came in 2005), and an accompanying book. It will have both in-person and online experiences. More on that in the new year.
Scroll down for links for events, articles, and more!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
FREE Podcast Series from Kathleen Hanagan: Conversations for a New World
I'm delighted to participate in this FREE podcast series from Kathleen Hanagan: Conversations w Co-Creators of a New World...with speakers from multiple disciplines including science, arts, business, psychotherapy, energy healing, activism, education & more..."intended to initiate a cultural shift toward the expression of love and an authentic assumption of responsibility right where we live- in our work, our relationships, and in all we do." Started November 1.
Every issue I include some of my recently tweeted links - articles, videos, quotes, and other creativity-related links of interest. Join me at @
1. What Happens to Student Behavior When Schools Prioritize Art "Having a broader curriculum, rich in the arts, engaged the whole student and promoted higher levels of achievement across the board." by Sir Ken Robinson, Ph. D, and Lou Aronica -
2. 6 Ways to Integrate Play Into the Workplace "Play allows us to experiment, empathize and take creative risks.... Adding a healthy dose of play to the workday makes this company an incredibly satisfying place to work." - Inc.-
3. Welcoming Students With a Smile. Greeting each student at the door with a positive message brings benefits for both students and teacher, according to a study. - Edutopia -
5. How to Use Mindfulness to Increase Your Team's Creativity. "There's a fundamental contradiction when organizations ask employees to maintain a fast pace of work and be creative...Research has found that a short period of mindfulness training can have a positive impact on creative output." - HBR -
6. This school replaced detention with meditation. The results are stunning. Imagine you're working at a school and one of the kids is starting to act up. What do you do? Offer meditation.- Utopia -
7 Your Purpose is Your Best Experience Designer. "Why the most powerful way to sculpt your customers experience is to authentically stand for something. You design magical experiences by setting out to amaze people - and it all begins with an attitude, a purpose and a passion." - LinkedIn -
8. Neuroscientist David Eagleman and composer Anthony Brandt explain how creativity works. "Bend, blend, break...3 main components of creativity: bending elements (Frank Gehry's buildings), blending elements (mash-ups), and breaking (Picasso)." - The Verge -
9. "Where does creativity come from? How can you nurture your own? Watch TED Talks from creative people like Steve Jobs, architect Frank Gehry, designer Philippe Starck, writer Elizabeth Gilbert and more." Video playlists about Creativity:
Creative Facilitation Coaching
For Facilitators, Trainers, Educators, and Leaders who want to bring your workshops, meetings, presentations, trainings - and your own Creative Self - to life! And feel confident getting creative with your participants.
|Participants in my workshop at the Front End of Innovation Conference
CF coaching is for those who wants to generate novel ideas and activities for your next event; create compelling content and engaging, alive workshops; bring more of your unique creativity into your workshop design or delivery in a grounded way that meets the groups objectives; and learn how to easily modify your existing activities, as well as create new ones. We work with the real facilitation/design project, workshop, or event you have, and customize the approach and activities for the specific event. You can already have most of it it designed, and just need some tweaking, or none of it designed and need a larger structure. I meet you wherever you are. These are stand-alone sessions, and can be anywhere from 45-minutes to 2-hours
Contact me for a FREE, no obligation 30-minute discovery session to see if this is right for you.
Creative Emergence Coaching
for Entrepreneurs, Leaders, and Creators
Creative Emergence Coaching is a whole-brain coaching process designed to accelerate your personal, professional, and business development: discovering and/or structuring your purpose, passion, and creativity into an income-generating business or work...or...creating anything new: your signature approach/model/process/methodology, workshop, product, or service....or...workshop design and delivery. Creative, engaging methods for cultivating your vision, moving past blocks and "the wall" and creating what's next...full on with enthusiasm. Contact me for a
no obligation 30-minute discovery session to see if this approach is right for you.
Creative Facilitation Train-the-Trainer Workshops
for Organizational Departments or Teams
In addition to the
Creative Facilitation series of public workshop I've been offering for many years, I also offer
in-house train-the-trainer workshops
for leaders, managers, trainers, coaches, and facilitators...and HR, OD, Training and other organizational departments - are all individually customized for your team or group. Contact me to find out more!
Photo taken in Earlysville, VA ~ September, 2018
The Center for Creative Emergence is a creativity coaching, experience design, and facilitation company dedicated to integrating inspired creativity, meaning, organizational culture and business for a happier and more creative, meaningful, productive work life and a richer bottom line.
include Creativity/Emergence coaching; Creative Facilitation Coaching; Creative Facilitation: designing and facilitating whole-brain organizational and public workshops, conference presentations, creativity events; Creative Facilitation Train-the-Trainer; and and
Quantum Leap Business Improv
have included PBS, Panasonic, Deloitte, PepsiCo, Dominos, John Deere, Microsoft, GEICO, RAPP, Congressional Hunger Center, Kaiser Permanente, Federal Executive Institute, NetImpact UVA, Teach for America, Hands On Network, National Institutes of Health, The World Bank, USGS, Invest Northern Ireland, Service Employee International Union, Clean Currents, Center for Nonprofit Advancement, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration among others.
Creativity in Business