BENEFITS OF A SOCIAL WALKING GROUP
Here are five good reasons:
1. Walking in a group gives off positive energy and helps seniors feel good all over.
2. You have other people to hold you accountable while making the experience more enjoyable.
3. Walking is one of the best exercises people can do! It's free, easy and no equipment is necessary. You can walk any time and go many places.
4. People who have lived the longest and are the world's happiest people have been known to exercise and socialize with others up to seven hours daily.
5. If want to decrease loneliness, reduce depression and your risk of dying earlier, join a social walking group or club like the one we have at Crestwood Village. We also go on trips to different locations in the summer months and stop on the way home for eats and treats!
Check out your fitness calendars to see when these fun walking groups meet. We would love to have you join us!