As a result of an armed robbery last night, I have demanded and received increased patrols of our neighborhood as well as more visible presence in our Ward. The incident occurred in the 1800 block of Sedgwick at about 10:30 p.m.. Two male offenders approached a male and a female walking on the street and demanded their personal belongings O
ne offender displayed a handgun and the male victim handed over an unknown amount of money to. As the offenders fled they fired a shot. No one was injured.
In light of this disturbing incident,
I have demanded that the 18th District visibly increase patrols in our area
and assign additional personnel to our area . . . which they have agreed to do. Area Central detectives are actively working this case, seeking any video from the neighborhood. If you have any information please contact Bureau of Detectives - Area Central (312) 747 - 8380.
What we can do as a community:
- Post "Neighborhood Watch" Signs - we have them in our office, and are leaving a supply at Marge's, 1758 N. Sedgwick
- Turn on your porch light and leave it on at night
- Call 911 whenever you see anything suspicious and give details
- If you are ever a victim of crime, please do not endanger yourself. Give the offender your belongings.
- Try to remember as detailed a description as you can of any suspicious person, including clothing and shoes.