February 26, 2020
Issue 1
By Paul Kassel, ISU Field Agronomist
Dicamba training. Persons who plan to apply Engenia, FeXapan, Tavium or Xtendimax need to have a private pesticide applicator certification . Information on initial certification or recertification is available at ISU County Extension Offices .
Dicamba applicators need to attend a Dicamba training session in addition to the private pesticide applicator certification. Dicamba application training is available. Most of the face to face meetings have already occurred. However, on-line training sessions are available.
Soil fertility workshops

Soil fertility workshops will discuss:

-          soil testing
-          how to use soil test results
-          how to figure crop removal rates of P, K
-          crop yield response to different soil test levels
-          return on fertilizer investment
-          soil pH and ag lime use
-          crop response to sulfur
The workshops begin with registration will be at 9:30. The meeting will be held from 10:00 to 1:00. Registration cost is $10.00 and includes a light lunch. Contact the office to register (preferred). Walk ins are welcome as well.

Meeting locations are the ISU Extension and Outreach offices on:

February 26, Sac County office, 620 Park Street, Sac City, 712-662-7131

February 27, Clay county office, 110 West fourth street, Spencer, 712 262 2264
Iowa State University field agronomist Paul Kassel and Mike Witt (Sac City) will make the presentations and lead the discussion.

Prepared by:
  Paul Kassel- Extension Field Agronomist


Phone:  (712) 262-2264


Serving Clay, Buena Vista, Dickinson, Emmet, Hancock, Kossuth, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Sac and Winnebago Counties



The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Many materials can be made available in alternative formats for ADA clients. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 14th and Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call 202-720-5964.


The Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Policies Page.